• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Linux based active XO with GUI

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just thought I'd link to this thread over at diyAudio of this guy who has, in the last couple months developed a FREE Linux based active crossover with DSP. This is nothing new in Linux but this is the first instance of it having a user friendly GUI on the front end that I'm aware of and it's fairly simple - comparable to the miniDSP plug ins. He's also got a parametric EQ to go along with it.
diyAudio Thread:
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux
Homepage:
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack

Screen Shot 2019-01-132.jpg

I've kept a couple old AOpen black boxes used for signage going with partitions of various flavors of Linux, XP and OSX ;) which have acted as media servers and hack boxes which is perfect for this application and can still be had on eBay for super cheap. Pentiums or C2D processors and 2-4GB RAM and you're totally set with this promising looking App.

Amir, this guy's looking for a job - hook him up!

Screen Shot 2019-01-13.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll have to give this a try when I get time. Thanks for posting.

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just thought I'd link to this thread over at diyAudio of this guy who has, in the last couple months developed a FREE Linux based active crossover with DSP. This is nothing new in Linux but this is the first instance of it having a user friendly GUI on the front end that I'm aware of and it's fairly simple - comparable to the miniDSP plug ins. He's also got a parametric EQ to go along with it.
diyAudio Thread:
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack - multi-way crossover design & implementation with linux
Homepage:
Pulseaudio Crossover Rack

View attachment 20305

I've kept a couple old AOpen black boxes used for signage going with partitions of various flavors of Linux, XP and OSX ;) which have acted as media servers and hack boxes which is perfect for this application and can still be had on eBay for super cheap. Pentiums or C2D processors and 2-4GB RAM and you're totally set with this promising looking App.

Amir, this guy's looking for a job - hook him up!

View attachment 20304
Very interesting. thanks for the link.
In the past I've usually tried to rip pulse out of the OS.
I'll check this out and see what it can do and do it with what.

Top Bottom