• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Lexicon AVRs (RV-6, RV-9) and SSP (MC-10) with Dirac Live

fitero

You are correct. In my haste to post a response yesterday I quoted the wrong model. Thank you for the correction.

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
@jhaider @Sal1950

These are not roads one takes on ASR. Maybe @Sal1950 just has a sentimentally when it comes to old American companies .

Who knows , I don't care to. There really was no need to jump on it and take it to this place.

Now we are here id ask you both to cease and return to audio related discussion.

Edit

Content has Been deleted from point of the original inflammatory post.

nothing further will be tolerated.

gene_stl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I for one find it very irritating when I find a brand name has been purchased and slapped onto a product that has nothing whatsoever to do with the original. This is something that has happened very extensively in the microscope industry which I happened to observe while it was happening as well as being in the industry while it occured.

To abbreviate and demonstrate the absurdity of it the prime example is that today you can buy a "Leica" microscope. Of course the trademark "Leica"
is the germanism for "LEItz CAmera" which was the original 35 mm camera invented by Oscar Barnack who worked at the Ernst Leitz Gmbh in Wetzlar Germany. When the latter was broken up in the eighties the Leica camera trademark was better known than what actually appeared on ALL microscopes from them "E. Leitz Wetzlar" So they negotiated the use of that name which never ever appeared on a microscope.

Now it appears on microscopes made in the Phillipines or India or China. Many of these scopes are copies of Bausch and Lomb designs or American Optical designs or updates of those which if you have been in the scope business long enough you can recognize the echoes or remember when StereoZoom was a Bausch trademark. All were swept up in a corporate consolidation that I never would have believed was possible.

I recognize that life causes changes but I consider this kind of mis use of old trademarks to be generally fraudulent and very akin to false advertising.

An analogy in rock music is when you have a band wherein one member has retained control of the band name and tours with it with only himself as the only original member of the group , something which I think has happened very frequently.

I generally believe that the Rolling Stones are a waste of space since about 1970 or so. But at least when they tour you get the actual Rolling Stones.

I have very mixed feelings about the use of the Marantz trademark. Saul Marantz sold it a LONG LONG time ago. around the time of Woodstock.

Mocs123

Forum Donor
If anyone want's to pick this up and send to Amir I've seen them on sale for $2,500 - not that much different than a Denon 6500.

Top Bottom