• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New KEF LS50 collection with new Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) coming.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.whathifi.com/news/kef-teases-the-ls50-collection-ls50-wireless-ii-and-ls50-meta-incoming

czqTuDvJpnKZRsMQKvh6Y6-650-80.jpg

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
:D

The LS50W was the first 'real' hi-fi speaker I reviewed and what converted me into a speaker person a couple of years ago. I have a hunch we'll be finding out more very soon:)

aarons915

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Since they didn't raise the price, it's probably not that great.

The meta material change apparently is very cost effective so it wouldn't necessarily need to increase the price. Also, remember that the cabinet is pretty much the same and I'm sure they are able to produce it cheaper than when it released, evidence of that is that they never went for the original msrp in the last few years. Finally, hopefully this site has shown that in the world of speakers price doesn't mean much in regards to sound quality.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Well the hype train has left the station. Steve Guttenberg just released a rave review. Im sure there will be many more stops for the train over the next week.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well the hype train has left the station. Steve Guttenberg just released a rave review. Im sure there will be many more stops for the train over the next week.
same with darko and what hi-fi . looking forward to some real measurements soon.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since they didn't raise the price, it's probably not that great.

That would be refreshing for once :) kudos to KEF for not jacking up the price .

The usual high end logic dictates that the price must go up “we found even more cumbersome and expensive ways to build the mkII version of our mediocre product...”

Good that it does not always has to be like this .
With scale and good logistics ,the same design should get cheaper to build and improved design could actually be easier to manufacture.

Snoochers

How long before this tech is introduced into other KEF lines? Like R3s etc.

Top Bottom