• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

new KEF KC62 dual 6.5" subwoofer

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

nerdoldnerdith

I have the KF92. It's a tiny little thing with only two 9" drivers in a 13" cube, but it really packs a punch and delivers some clean, deep bass. I would bet that this is similarly powerful for its size.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I have the KF92. It's a tiny little thing with only two 9" drivers in a 13" cube, but it really packs a punch and delivers some clean, deep bass. I would bet that this is similarly powerful for its size.
with which speakers you have the k92?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Heard they go down to 11 Hz@-3dB with 75% less THD...?
Where did you hear that? The published specs are vague about the output at 11Hz.

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (±3dB)
11Hz – 200Hz

Specs at Kef website.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
^^^Not a chance that little box with 6.5 drivers is hitting 11hz unless that’s the sound it makes as you drive over it with a truck^^^. More meaningless spec claims.

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So, it is the equivalent of a 9.2" single driver. I would be interested in what their performance really looks like. I wonder if they will publish any detailed specifications and measurements.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks similar to what Devaliet Phantom does with opposing drivers and a lot of watts.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
102dB then if the +/- 3dB is believable ?
The linearity "+/- 3dB" doesn't predict this. Here's a real contribution:
I asked KEF for a more specific metric, the maximum anechoic SPL achievable at 20Hz, and they said 80dB. In-room that'll be a lot louder. I still think it's impressive, but much more believable for 2x 6.5-inch woofers. Besides, it all depends on what the bass limiting curves look like. Maybe it can get to 100dB at 30Hz, for example. We'll have to get measurements to see.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
FWIW, I did reach out to Kef to see if they would be able to loan me one for testing but - as I fully expected - they only have a few samples and those are already on loan. I did ask if I could be put on a waitlist but I don't expect anything to happen anytime soon... if ever. But, they at least didn't flat out say "no".

Top Bottom