• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEW: JICO's CUSTOM SHOP to make NEW modernized SHURE M44 cartridge (as well as JICO's own MC Cart's)

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
03.2_customshop_color_reverse_rgb-oy62s3bksulsyrk34m9345e8q6vuap7hw23mvcb2eg.png

Step further into next evolution

JICO has successfully been a key model for stylus replacement manufacturing industries, spreading its values worldwide.
As time goes by we interrogatively asked ourselves what is the true sound that can produce by JICO.

We became exhilarate to seek and explore such “sound” that people would be intrigued intensely.

“If I were JICO, I would expect to hear true sound like this!”
“If I were JICO, I would create and design something like this!”
“If I were JICO, I would adopt and meet expectation that appeal to all tastes!”

We believe exploring the new challenges is what we truly phrase as“evolutional development”.

Hereafter, we will continue to pursue genuine unwearyingly “JICO SOUND”

Intensify JICO brand and make it appeal for everyone to understand

Expect JICO’s development and look forward to establish a sympathetic relationship with all

With Firm & Genuine Respect

2018, the year when Shure shocked the audiophiles by publicly announced production closure of all phono products. 2 years have gone by since Shure ceased the production; JICO have decided to manufacture and wholesale a cartridge that can utilize Shure 44 model genuine replacement stylus and as well as JICO replacement stylus“.
JICO will continue to strive to make Shure 44 model cartridges and replacement styli by researching, developing and manufacturing with presenting full respect to Shure and providing you all with peace of mind. Our product is not simply the replica model by simply resembling and copying the outer appearances but rather research and develop the “ancient wisdom” into a new “best-of-best” manufacturing craftsmanship products.
Custom Shop Series

JICO'S HIGH-END PRODUCTS
P2a-oy7txvul5ld0omrmzuoro7fzt0rh042mrd9mf40ypa.jpg
J44D CARTRIDGE
P2b-oy7tycrokm06hm329201x36ahyg2unxstp0d23bvla.jpg
J44A 7 CARTRIDGE
P4-oy7u39hcdulraxmyqvenkt9aatlgh8cgvue1zwfc1w.jpg
SETO-HORI CARTIRDGE
P5-oy7u3oirf76cgp14b1woopgnszjbwe069wttobt1ac.jpg
ACCORION CARTRIDGE
WOODEN CANTILEVER - KUROGAKI
WOODEN CANTILEVER - USHIKOROSHI

Interview with JICO CEO, Yukihiro Nakagawa
P3.jpg

YUKIHIORO NAKAGAWA
JICO PRESIDENT
Q1) What made you decide to develop these cartridges
A1) We’ve received numerous inquiries from customers all around the world since Shure made a public announcement to cease production for phono products in 2018, to develop and introduce a cartridge that will replace Shure M44 cartridge. It was fortunate enough to see people believed in JICO that we have skills to take over where Shure left off, which have led us decide to develop these cartridges.
Q2)  Which part did you put the most effort into?
A2) Primarily, we’ve decided to create the identical shape with the originals. Next step is to make the specifications as same as possible. The major obstacles we’ve faced was to collect these genuine cartridges in a good condition to collect and analyze the data by dismantling them into small pieces such as yokes, coils, and polepieces. We’d be extremely fastidious about the unique sound quality that M44 produced.
Q3) Tell us about future development
A3) The main focus is to develop “JICO” original sound. Basically speaking, we will continue to develop products something that audiophiles would request for. At same time, we are thinking to introduce products that will make analogue music more enjoyable; for instance, by inventing products that many people wish “they had something like this” to make them happy and entertain and also develop a product that nobody would imagined for.
CONTACT
email us for any inquiries
[email protected]

Please note that products listed on this site are for individual customers outside Japan. They are not for sale in Japan and not for wholesale or resale.

COPYRIGHT © 2019 JICO STYLUS | ONLINE SHOPPING FOR JAPANESE PHONOGRAPH NEEDLES ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Are you a dealer?

OP
E

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you a dealer?
I don't know any dealers.
I do have various JICO styli for my SHURE V15's, LT's etc which I interchange with my NOS styli. They are very good but do have an ever so slightly different sound. I have never heard their MC cartridges (and I have never owned an MC cart). I was just putting this out there because many people I know (my self included) were very sad when the SHURE ULTRA's (I use an ULTRA 300 on my Technics SL-M3), V 15's disappeared & then SHURE got out of cartridges altogether. I ordered my JICO styli from JICO.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
03.2_customshop_color_reverse_rgb-oy62s3bksulsyrk34m9345e8q6vuap7hw23mvcb2eg.png

Step further into next evolution

JICO has successfully been a key model for stylus replacement manufacturing industries, spreading its values worldwide.
As time goes by we interrogatively asked ourselves what is the true sound that can produce by JICO.

We became exhilarate to seek and explore such “sound” that people would be intrigued intensely.
“If I were JICO, I would expect to hear true sound like this!”
“If I were JICO, I would create and design something like this!”
“If I were JICO, I would adopt and meet expectation that appeal to all tastes!”
We believe exploring the new challenges is what we truly phrase as“evolutional development”.

Hereafter, we will continue to pursue genuine unwearyingly “JICO SOUND”

Intensify JICO brand and make it appeal for everyone to understand

Expect JICO’s development and look forward to establish a sympathetic relationship with all

With Firm & Genuine Respect

2018, the year when Shure shocked the audiophiles by publicly announced production closure of all phono products. 2 years have gone by since Shure ceased the production; JICO have decided to manufacture and wholesale a cartridge that can utilize Shure 44 model genuine replacement stylus and as well as JICO replacement stylus“.
JICO will continue to strive to make Shure 44 model cartridges and replacement styli by researching, developing and manufacturing with presenting full respect to Shure and providing you all with peace of mind. Our product is not simply the replica model by simply resembling and copying the outer appearances but rather research and develop the “ancient wisdom” into a new “best-of-best” manufacturing craftsmanship products.

Custom Shop Series

JICO'S HIGH-END PRODUCTS
P2a-oy7txvul5ld0omrmzuoro7fzt0rh042mrd9mf40ypa.jpg
J44D CARTRIDGE
P2b-oy7tycrokm06hm329201x36ahyg2unxstp0d23bvla.jpg
J44A 7 CARTRIDGE
P4-oy7u39hcdulraxmyqvenkt9aatlgh8cgvue1zwfc1w.jpg
SETO-HORI CARTIRDGE
P5-oy7u3oirf76cgp14b1woopgnszjbwe069wttobt1ac.jpg
ACCORION CARTRIDGE
WOODEN CANTILEVER - KUROGAKI
WOODEN CANTILEVER - USHIKOROSHI

Interview with JICO CEO, Yukihiro Nakagawa
P3.jpg

YUKIHIORO NAKAGAWA
JICO PRESIDENT
Q1) What made you decide to develop these cartridges
A1) We’ve received numerous inquiries from customers all around the world since Shure made a public announcement to cease production for phono products in 2018, to develop and introduce a cartridge that will replace Shure M44 cartridge. It was fortunate enough to see people believed in JICO that we have skills to take over where Shure left off, which have led us decide to develop these cartridges.
Q2)  Which part did you put the most effort into?
A2) Primarily, we’ve decided to create the identical shape with the originals. Next step is to make the specifications as same as possible. The major obstacles we’ve faced was to collect these genuine cartridges in a good condition to collect and analyze the data by dismantling them into small pieces such as yokes, coils, and polepieces. We’d be extremely fastidious about the unique sound quality that M44 produced.
Q3) Tell us about future development
A3) The main focus is to develop “JICO” original sound. Basically speaking, we will continue to develop products something that audiophiles would request for. At same time, we are thinking to introduce products that will make analogue music more enjoyable; for instance, by inventing products that many people wish “they had something like this” to make them happy and entertain and also develop a product that nobody would imagined for.
CONTACT
email us for any inquiries
[email protected]

Please note that products listed on this site are for individual customers outside Japan. They are not for sale in Japan and not for wholesale or resale.

COPYRIGHT © 2019 JICO STYLUS | ONLINE SHOPPING FOR JAPANESE PHONOGRAPH NEEDLES ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Those Seto Hori and Accordion carts look strange.

Are they like a SPU cart?

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the matter with these people? From making a perfectly decent and technically sound stylus for various cartridges (I bought a V15V SAS stylus) they seem to have gone all 'soft and feely and woody'.

How is a wood cantilever possibly better than a boron, sapphire or even aluminium cantilever?

Why do manufacturers feel they have to go from a perfectly sound technical base to something all touchy-feely?

Why are buyers so stupid to be taken in by all this?

S.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
What is the matter with these people? From making a perfectly decent and technically sound stylus for various cartridges (I bought a V15V SAS stylus) they seem to have gone all 'soft and feely and woody'.

How is a wood cantilever possibly better than a boron, sapphire or even aluminium cantilever?

Why do manufacturers feel they have to go from a perfectly sound technical base to something all touchy-feely?

Why are buyers so stupid to be taken in by all this?

S.

1. Make more money

2. Human consumers are irrational animals

What's hard to understand about this? ;)

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I don't know any dealers.
I do have various JICO styli for my SHURE V15's, LT's etc which I interchange with my NOS styli. They are very good but do have an ever so slightly different sound. I have never heard their MC cartridges (and I have never owned an MC cart). I was just putting this out there because many people I know (my self included) were very sad when the SHURE ULTRA's (I use an ULTRA 300 on my Technics SL-M3), V 15's disappeared & then SHURE got out of cartridges altogether. I ordered my JICO styli from JICO.
Your post quoted the full advertisement for the product. Kind of like a dealer or manufacturer would.

A link or description would have been enough, no?

OP
E

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps, I have only been doing internet since I came back to the USA form being on Indian Ocean atolls & small islands in the Western Pacific +-15 degrees from the equator for 18 years. I did not know that there is a particular protocol to this form of communication. But I presume that, just like two-way radio, there should be a protocol covering this. Is that the protocol? Please help me out with this as I would like to be within proper etiquette. It was supposedly a press release which was within a larger article on the company on HiFi Shark. But, in reference wooden styli, they have been doing that for at least the 2 years that I have known about them.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Perhaps, I have only been doing internet since I came back to the USA form being on Indian Ocean atolls & small islands in the Western Pacific +-15 degrees from the equator for 18 years. I did not know that there is a particular protocol to this form of communication. But I presume that, just like two-way radio, there should be a protocol covering this. Is that the protocol? Please help me out with this as I would like to be within proper etiquette. It was supposedly a press release which was within a larger article on the company on HiFi Shark. But, in reference wooden styli, they have been doing that for at least the 2 years that I have known about them.
That's interesting. I think you had mentioned your personal history previously in another thread. Certainly a different perspective.

In terms of etiquette, since it's hard to know a commercial interest from a gesture simply passing on information, it's important that your intentions are clear. In this case you could have specified that you use their carts and liked them, like in your second post above, and then linked to the JICO site or the specific content you wanted to highlight.

OP
E

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's interesting. I think you had mentioned your personal history previously in another thread. Certainly a different perspective.

In terms of etiquette, since it's hard to know a commercial interest from a gesture simply passing on information, it's important that your intentions are clear. In this case you could have specified that you use their carts and liked them, like in your second post above, and then linked to the JICO site or the specific content you wanted to highlight.
That makes sense: Thank you for helping me become more up to speed/It's kind of like moving to a place that has a language that is encrypted and you are trying to decode what to do for the next step all the time. Obviously the correct think to do is not usually that obvious. But with people like you that are willing to give a bit of direction without being condescending, I am usually able to learn from my mistakes in short order. Than YOU for YOUR consideration.

OP
E

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Those Seto Hori and Accordion carts look strange.

Are they like a SPU cart?

I am not familiar with what 'SPU' is but I have never seen any JICO cart in person. I do have some experiences with a few of their styli that fit SHURE V 15 IV's, V's, LT's & ULTRA 300/400's.

OP
E

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ORTOFON's I have seen on other people's TT's & I own an Ortofon bubble level. That is the extent of my knowledge with Ortofon. I do not have the tendency to swap out equipment. Which is why I still have a DUAL 1229 & a TECHNICS SL-M3 TT's, a pair of APT/Holman preamps, a pair of NAD 2100's & a triplet set of NAD 2200's, Dahlquist M 905 speakers on top of semi home built dual 12" Ported 2 Ohm subs. The oppo 205 brings me up to date.

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
ORTOFON's I have seen on other people's TT's & I own an Ortofon bubble level. That is the extent of my knowledge with Ortofon. I do not have the tendency to swap out equipment. Which is why I still have a DUAL 1229 & a TECHNICS SL-M3 TT's, a pair of APT/Holman preamps, a pair of NAD 2100's & a triplet set of NAD 2200's, Dahlquist M 905 speakers on top of semi home built dual 12" Ported 2 Ohm subs. The oppo 205 brings me up to date.

Ah well every TT owner should try an SPU at some point in their lives.

It's part of the journey.

It's like dabbling in tubes.

OP
E

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The LOOK has always intrigued me. But I went Linear Tracking Titanium Tonearm T4P with the Technics SL-M3 in 1984. The DUAL 1229 (they made a version wired for quad, which I would like to get, as my two APT/Holman preamps can be setup in a quad configuration [& I have some old quad music around here that I bought new]) is my mother's (I got it for her for one of her birthdays) because it can take a stack of 6 records (her German/Austrian ones). She rarely does this & I have to change the spindle for her if she wants to do this. But at times like Christmas, she likes to do this). When you switch it to that mode, the tone arm assembly moves up 3 LP thicknesses so that the VTR doesn't get real far out of whack.

Top Bottom