• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New interface: ID14MKII / SSL2+ / MOTU M4

Hubilgan

Fully preserve can get into some semantics in a way. What it will do is preserve the nature of the balanced connection rejecting common mode noise and will not adversely effect the accuracy of the signal you will get form the Topping A90 by feeding it with this type of connection.
Thank you very much again. :)

cajadas

I'm just testing a MOTU M4 and DA is stunning for the price, it competes with Antelope Audio. Sounds better than ID 14MKII, with more detail, separation and width. Bottom end sounds fuller than Discrete 4 Synergy Core, but Discrete 4 is still on a higher league (but you have to do some A/B testing to figure it out). Discrete 4's treble definition/detail is slightly superior. I'm amazed by the sound quality of the interface. Audient ID 14MKII does not compete in this league and this is not just DAC, it's definitely the implementation. I'm convinced MOTU uses a better clocking and jitter management than Audient. Just a bit left behind by the treble's definition of the 1100€ Discrete 4 and that's mainly it.

Audient ID14 MKII does not have the separation and width of the Discrete 4 SC, it's very noticeable the difference here. With the MOTU M4 you don't notice any difference in this regard and this says everything to me about the unit's SQ and capability for Sound Design, Cinematic and Orchestral productions, etc. For 250€.

Last edited:

cajadas

After a few more days of testing there's more than just treble's definition separating Discrete 4 and MOTU M4, but M4 still sounds amazing for the price, this interface is incredible.

Sherif Rizq

Hi all, i need to upgrade my old focusrite solo 1st to SSL 2 or Motu M2 for DI guitar recording with amp sim "both are expensive in egypt" . What i need actually is the best audio quality after mixdown. Im not expert with audio measurements. So if i buy one of them i will have a huge different in audio quality. I would be appreciated if you could help me to decide.

Thanks a lot

Top Bottom