• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you are not able to appreciate the obvious differences, then you have a problem in your system
What about the much more significant differences introduced by the recording process of each?

If you are not able to get these very basics, you have a problem indeed.

Did you know that you can write 3 sentences or even more in one post ?
Agreed. No need to post three times in a row that way...

maty

Major Contributor
In principle the levels should be adjusted because they measure it. It is not much of a difference, so it is easy to even them out afterwards.

He got confused and left the camera's microphone on. In any case, I insist, in the piano track the difference is abysmal. Logically, our amplifier that is not class D to be able to appreciate it, I say.

BTW, my JRiver MC 64 bits: Tools/Options/Audio/Audio device: Kernel streaming.

maty

Major Contributor

English and without Patreon. Any case, the review is the streaming.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
If you are not able to appreciate the obvious differences, then you have a problem in your system. Very few have optimized the O.S. for multimedia. BTW, in Windows I have been able, but not in Linux.

:facepalm:

Dirk_67

back to topic:
(away from the three stooges)

@Hypexsales:
on diyclassd.com you write "Warranty: 5 years / 20.000h"
(valid only for Nilai-related products ? / is there a "operating hour counter" in the Nilai-Modules ?)

1.)
why do you write in the datasheets / manuals then:
"DIYClassD.com warrants this device for a period of two years after the original date of purchase against defects due to faulty workmanship or materials arising from normal use of the device..."
e.g. here -> https://www.diyclassd.com/documenten/download/2457

2.)
is this a "manufacturer warranty" that is valid no matter where (at which reseller) I bought my Nilai-Kit or Nilai-Module?
So in case of warranty, do I have to contact my reseller first,
or can I (or must I) contact you (hypex) directly and to validate my warranty I just show you my original purchase receipt (from the reseller) ?
(Is it needed to have a S/N on my resellers purchase receipt ?)

Sokel

Master Contributor
back to topic:
(away from the three stooges)

@Hypexsales:
on diyclassd.com you write "Warranty: 5 years / 20.000h"
(valid only for Nilai-related products ? / is there a "operating hour counter" in the Nilai-Modules ?)

1.)
why do you write in the datasheets / manuals then:
"DIYClassD.com warrants this device for a period of two years after the original date of purchase against defects due to faulty workmanship or materials arising from normal use of the device..."
e.g. here -> https://www.diyclassd.com/documenten/download/2457

2.)
is this a "manufacturer warranty" that is valid no matter where (at which reseller) I bought my Nilai-Kit or Nilai-Module?
So in case of warranty, do I have to contact my reseller first,
or can I (or must I) contact you (hypex) directly and to validate my warranty I just show you my original purchase receipt (from the reseller) ?
(Is it needed to have a S/N on my resellers purchase receipt ?)
Soundimports seems to follow the 5 year/20.000 hours warranty

5y.PNG

Sokel

Master Contributor
Is it 20000 hours of operation? How do they know that? Does the module register them?
Who knows,it's the first time I see such a warranty for an amp.
But if it does have a counter it should be evident to the user or else has no credible value.

Reactions: MCH

Zoomer

I'm guessing the 5 year is extrapolated from/equivalent to 20.000 hours @ 11 hrs/day. Seems fair.

Hasse B

I plan to build an amp with Hypex Nilai but use my home made amplifier box. Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to buy separate amp modules with associated PSUs. I chatted with SoundImports who replied that they only sell a complete kit with amplifier box. However, when I emailed Hypex directly, they replied that it will be possible to order modules and PSU within 2-3 months. Whether it will be cheaper than buying a kit is unclear.

Dirk_67

plus 21% Dutch shipping address VAT

Edit :)
hmmm... I think you are right !

quote from here https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/vat/index_en.htm :
"Buying online from another EU country"
[...]
"Any company that sold more than €10,000 in goods to other EU countries during the previous financial year must apply the VAT rate of the country of destination"

Then I really seriously ask myself why a VAT of 21% is always shown on my invoices from "soundimports.eu" and "diyclassd.com" (and not the German value of 19%) ?
(both are Dutch companies)
I think there's something wrong - can you explain it @Hypexsales ?

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To keep simple, compare buying a 2 channel Nilia kit to a Nilai build. The kit is about $1300. For the Nilai modules will be $950. This leaves $250 for a case, connectors and wiring harnesses. So, it could be close, but the kit will be considerably more convenient to build.

This could scale a bit more in favor of the individual modules in a multichannel build. Nilai seems overkill for a home theater in my opinion though. For the price, would look at the Buckeye NC502MP 8 channel or may be build a 3 channel Purifi for the LCR and do the surrounds with a commercial amp. Nilai parts might still be an option for the fronts but would need to check on whether the power supply can do. It has 2 amp power connectors, so would have to build a splitter cable.

Top Bottom