• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi amigos,

Seems that Hypex is full of nice touches this year)
After the NCOREx technology , here the Nilai500DIY for DIY market )

Measurements seem promising checkout :

The THD+N at 100W in 4 ohms is 0,00015% from 20 – 20.000Hz, :cool:

20220516112146_Hypex-Nilai500DIY-PS500DIY-TWeb.jpg

20220516112146_Hypex-Nilai500DIY-TWeb.jpg

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice, the Nilai is around 0.00022% THD+N in 5W and 4 ohms which is SINAD 113, excellent.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Neat.

What’s so special DIY about them though? Don’t they sell their other modules into the DIY market too? Or only OEM? Thx.

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Neat.

What’s so special DIY about them though? Don’t they sell their other modules into the DIY market too? Or only OEM? Thx.

NC400 / NC500 > DIY Market
NCXXXMP serie > OEM
NILAI500 / PS500DIY > DIY Market (will replace NC400 /NC500 soon) but I am afraid about the price )

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
NC400 / NC500 > DIY Market
NCXXXMP serie > OEM
NILAI500 / PS500DIY > DIY Market (will replace NC400 /NC500 soon) but I am afraid about the price )
I think it is more like:
NC400 / Nilai500 > DIY Market
NC / NCx / NC MP > OEM

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Nice, the Nilai is around 0.00022% THD+N in 5W and 4 ohms which is SINAD 113, excellent.

You can add the Ncore X into the Sinad LIST :

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
From the AudioXpress link:

"As Hypex makes it clear (see interview) this is not the company's latest NCOREx technology which was announced last month. In fact, Nilai is a completely new amplifier technology. And as such, it is 10 times better than the original Ncore!

"We are extremely excited to announce this completely new Nilai Class D technology and a completely new amplifier module, the Nilai500DIY, for the DIY community. We have taken our exciting control-loop topology to a whole new level resulting in an immense performance upgrade compared to Ncore. The overall performance has increased by not less than 10 times!", says Hypex."

And silly old AudioXpress jumps on the company-driven hype bandwagon! Giddy up, you absolute clowns!

10 times better. Wow. Amazing. Let's see, shall we?

10 times better output power? Nope. Not remotely close.
10 times better signal to noise? Nope.
10 time less residual noise? Sorry.
10 times the frequency response/bandwidth? Not even near that.
10 times the warranty? No. What warranty? Do you even get a warranty?

10 times the hype and drivel? Yes! absolutely!

...the Dutch company says, is a completely new unique amplifier module that sets a new benchmark for high-end audio applications.

Benchmark for what? Self promotion? :facepalm:

I'll let you decide that...

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
According to the company's R&D team, the massive performance — verified in the first production samples of the new Nilai500DIY module — boost results in distortion figures "that are 10 times lower, a power supply noise rejection that is 10 times higher and a reduced output impedance that has dropped by a factor of 10
That's the only "10x" stuff Hypex have claimed. Distortion, PSRR, and Zout.
None of the things you made up in the post above.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Haters gonna hate. Just another day.

RandomEar

(Pretty ?) Graphs!
THD+N Comparison_Nilai.png

As noted by @boXem | audio in a previous thread, gains are not identical for the different amp measurements in this graph. You can check the sources for details, but some are unknown.

Concerning the Nilai modules: I welcome the lower idle power consumption and the inclusion of a standby PSU in the SMPS module - that should significantly reduce standby consumption. I would expect below 0.5 W (due to EU regulations). That was a relevant weaknesss of the NC122MP and NC252MP from my point of view. And 2x NC400 + SMPS1200 wasn't any better than those two integrated modules - unless combined with a dedicated standby PSU, of course.

Sources:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hypex Nilai500 DIY is a serious competitor for Purifi 1ET400A in power and specs, but sold directly to DIY, this will be a very popular amplifier!

Stretchneck

You should add this in.... https://www.newclassd.com/index.php?page=312&hv=1

What I like the look of on the Nilai is that is has more capacitance... I wonder how this one will sound...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Now I wonder when they will release the refreshed NCx1200 and NCx2k too. :)

DanielT

Major Contributor
You do not have to be afraid. There will probably be a price at any time, do not worry.;)
Seriously,NILAI500 / PS500DIY seems really good but it will depend on the price.:)
From the AudioXpress link:

"As Hypex makes it clear (see interview) this is not the company's latest NCOREx technology which was announced last month. In fact, Nilai is a completely new amplifier technology. And as such, it is 10 times better than the original Ncore!

"We are extremely excited to announce this completely new Nilai Class D technology and a completely new amplifier module, the Nilai500DIY, for the DIY community. We have taken our exciting control-loop topology to a whole new level resulting in an immense performance upgrade compared to Ncore. The overall performance has increased by not less than 10 times!", says Hypex."

And silly old AudioXpress jumps on the company-driven hype bandwagon! Giddy up, you absolute clowns!

10 times better. Wow. Amazing. Let's see, shall we?

10 times better output power? Nope. Not remotely close.
10 times better signal to noise? Nope.
10 time less residual noise? Sorry.
10 times the frequency response/bandwidth? Not even near that.
10 times the warranty? No. What warranty? Do you even get a warranty?

10 times the hype and drivel? Yes! absolutely!

...the Dutch company says, is a completely new unique amplifier module that sets a new benchmark for high-end audio applications.

Benchmark for what? Self promotion? :facepalm:

I'll let you decide that...
If now Hypex says "not less than 10 times" ..
Silly and unnecessary statement. It is enough that they stick to objective facts. They should know that , objective facts, is exactly what the DIY community is interested in hearing more about.:)

OP
daniboun

daniboun

Major Contributor
Top Bottom