• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Vhond

Who's behind Hypex tech development since Bruno left??

Vhond

I didn't know they als had the expertise (thought they where 'only' the selling partner)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is correct. Although it is not our intention to actively join discussions on these threads. But we can inform you all easily when we have more information to share.

So lets start with giving you some info you are asking for. First of all the voltage rails are +/- 70V dc

We will offer these modules for the following retail prices, all Ex VAT:

Nilai500DIY: € 350,-
PS500DIY: € 250,-
Nilai500 mono kit: € 820,-
Nilai500 stereo kit: € 1225,-

DIY PreAmplifier kit: € 1225,-
Welcome to ASR! Always nice to have manufacturers aboard.

Can you share your estimate when both Nilai and NCx500OEM will start selling? I know supply chain is chaotic and target dates can be missed, but still?

CedarWind108

I like the Schiit design, I hope they will one day decide to put something like this into one of their products.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the Schiit design, I hope they will one day decide to put something like this into one of their products.
They will never, it was in one of the chapters from their book on Head-Fi, they are allergic to class D.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
The marketing BS is patronising. If you’re going to box off your DIY customers to protect sales of OEM that’s fine, but just say it how it is, don’t treat them like fools. A mistake from Hypex I feel, given DIYers are probably the more clued up bunch.
Except they release very complete specs and you can compare them themselves. This is just standard press release stuff, every single brand does that.

Reactions: TSB

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"Nilai500 stereo kit: € 1225"

And as expected, the stereo kit costing about 1300 usd dethrones the Benchmark AHB2 (mono) as best value for high power (>450W) amplifier!

nilai.jpg

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
That's the only "10x" stuff Hypex have claimed. Distortion, PSRR, and Zout.
None of the things you made up in the post above.

1652792389956.png

Specifications are, by their very nature, specific. Or they are just blanket BS statements that mean absolutely nothing. I put the AudioXpress 'quotes' in the latter category. Are you seriously trying to defend the 10x exaggerations? Really? :facepalm:

JSmith

Master Contributor
According to the company's R&D team, the massive performance — verified in the first production samples of the new Nilai500DIY module — boost results in distortion figures "that are 10 times lower, a power supply noise rejection that is 10 times higher and a reduced output impedance that has dropped by a factor of 10.

JSmith

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is correct. Although it is not our intention to actively join discussions on these threads. But we can inform you all easily when we have more information to share.

So lets start with giving you some info you are asking for. First of all the voltage rails are +/- 70V dc

We will offer these modules for the following retail prices, all Ex VAT:

Nilai500DIY: € 350,-
PS500DIY: € 250,-
Nilai500 mono kit: € 820,-
Nilai500 stereo kit: € 1225,-

DIY PreAmplifier kit: € 1225,-
I'd be very interested in hearing more about the Preamplifier kit.

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Nilai500 stereo kit: € 1225"

And as expected, the stereo kit costing about 1300 usd dethrones the Benchmark AHB2 (mono) as best value for high power (>450W) amplifier!

View attachment 207175
I assume the chart title schould be SINAD * power / price. Are you able to do (warranty*SINAD*power/price) ?

edit: oh sorry I didn't consider the chart very carefully now I see it is just SINAD against cost, so better value is upper left. Of course value is not so simple and maybe it would be useful to have warranty on the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

EdW

I'd be very interested in hearing more about the Preamplifier kit.
Also interesting to find out a little more about the PS500. Power rating? Regulated and universal 100-250V mains without a jumper? Idle loss? Capacitor quality?
Another thought comes to mind. Its +/-70V rails are the voltage spec for the Purifi 1ET7040 module assuming the power rating is adequate.

Zoomer

Hypexsales

Sales, you should do something about the avatar. Does marketing even know you're here?

Welkom!

Last edited:

pos

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@Hypexsales kudos!
I really like the variable gain settings with jumpers!

What are the idle losses of the PS500DIY in operation and standby? Is it a class 2 design like the SMPS600?
Does the Nilai500DIY require a specific Vdr voltage to achieve its theoritical idle losses, like the nc400 did?

Digital_Thor

Haven't followed the development precisely. Could someone enlighten me, if there is a power supply that fits 3 modules - which would be nice in a package for 3 way active mains.

Top Bottom