There is that camp, but also those of us that are stoked for either these Nilai Modules or the new N-CoreX and seeing what comes with those!Most ASR members want a plug and play solution.
Amir will definately get a set of Nilai500 mono kits and als a DIY pre amplifier kit. Nothing shipped yet to any reviewer. will be shipped around the same time as the pre orders we now received.That's why I'm saying. If it's just connecting wires and putting it in the supplied enclosure, then what's wrong with the datasheet/measurements that Hypex supplies? They also have an Audio Precision.
Take a look at the NC400 datasheet from 2012 and have a look at the measurements from ASR from Dec 2018.
I honestly don't see the point unless Amir can provide new or different data. Maybe it's the panther..
Good questions:I find the (modular) preamp concept quite interesting as well.
What I would also be interested in:
- Dimensions of the case ?
- are the knobs made of cheap plastic (they look like it) ?
- how does the display (in operation) look like (no photos to see)?
- how is the operating concept / menu navigation realized (no operating instructions to be found)?
- is the volume control knob just an encoder?
- how is the volume controlled within the analogue domain (e.g. kind of R2R-ladder) ?
- is the 4-pin HP output balanced ?
- Etc. ...
maybe we should start an extra thread for this Hypex "DIY PreAmplifier kit" ?
( @Hypexsales )
from your website:- Dimensions of the case ?
You can find this at the bottom of all specs on the shop