• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Here. Looking for recommendations on a DAP with the ability to quickly scroll.

Radtech1

I am looking to replace my old Sansa Clip due to a song limit of 4250 songs. I am having a hard time finding a player that has the ability to quickly scroll through the "all songs" list.

With the Sansa Clip (and my old Creative Zen before that), when you are in the "all song" list and you press the FF button, you start scrolling through the songs one at a time. As you keep the button pressed the scroll speed goes faster and faster and faster. As a result, I can scroll through all 4250 songs - ABBA to ZZ Top in less than 30 seconds.

I am looking for this same type of feature in a DAP in the sub 150.00 range (OK, well, sub 200.00, but sub 150.00 would be better).

I have tried a couple of inexpensive units, and currently have a HiFi Walker HX Sport, and I was surprised to find that a "one at a time" scroll speed limit is commonplace.

There are other considerations, (bright screen, high or no limit on # of songs, etc) but I want to cross this bridge first.

Thank you very much, and any suggestions?

Radtech1

Top Bottom