• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

new gustard u18 jitter -185 db

DeepSpace57

I got no clue, honestly do not understand those measurements as I have never seen a video explaining it.

I believe it is using complete isolation. It maybe the same with the Pi2AES. To my understanding the hat is isolated from all the BS.

I have only seen the review of DDC’s by golden sound. However it wasn’t only his measurements but honestly a few people who are not associated saying that the Pi2AES probably outperforms 2000 dollar streamers.

I mean I believe just a regular pi based streamer is significantly better than most electronics. But I do feel there’s definitely more to it than just jitter. I believe you touched on those points.

Also not here to knock the Schitt Eitr, it too as a simple addition to my pc did boost performance overall but I would say in comparison it’s 10% better than just right out the PC
Yes the jitter performance of Pİ2AES is good (i think spdif and i2s are the best one, but the rest is meh).

The interesting one is all measurements about phase jitter begin with 2-4 urms on the chars but that of u18 is incredibly high beginning with around 50 urms. On the other hand, THD chard is extremely good against the others. I have no idea about what's happening with those.

felbj-htd.

new gustard u18 jitter -185 db
accusilicon as338 110db 10hz
accusilicon as318 99db 10hz
serious usb interface that works
with 1.5 ps
I wondered whether anyone used the Gustard C16 10M Audio Clock and whether it had any audible difference in your system. I am specifically interested to learn if it makes a difference if used with GUSTARD U18 DDC, which I will use for SPDIF to AES conversion.

Philbo King

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Phase noise is very important in RF digital communication. I spent perhaps 10 years designing phase locked loops and spectrally pure oscillators for microwave and radar applications, and used Keysight 5052 Phase Noise Analyzers ($160k, at the time) daily for months at a time. In audio it matters a lot less, but it does have an effect. Whether it is perceptible is debatable.

Here are some basics for the tech-inclined:

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
I wondered whether anyone used the Gustard C16 10M Audio Clock and whether it had any audible difference in your system. I am specifically interested to learn if it makes a difference if used with GUSTARD U18 DDC, which I will use for SPDIF to AES conversion.
It really depends what source you are using. If you use a PC and don’t have a roon subscription you can use a DDC to adjust jitter.

Honestly Jitter is considered to be meaningless, and I respect that I as I am no expert. But if you use optical out from a PC which is safe from noise and rfi whatever, but still sounds like poop coming out of the pc.

If you used a 30 dollar pi streamer the quality would be better than a pc. But if it is a pc or laptop you are using a ddc is a good idea.

The SMSL PO100 pro is another ddc that’s 70 dollars and should be excellent.

Golden sound has an article on this and the best ddc’s he’s measured. I think the Singxer SU-6 is fire but it’s like 600

OP
D

doitttt

have tested, some usb dcc.
Berkeley Alpha sounds good, but old technology and it has xmos 208
singxer su6 is quite good in sound, also with xmos208
then sotm dX-USB HD with sCLK-2224, also xmos208.
as well as gustard u18, with xmos 216 sounds really good.
tested, a tuned singxer su2, with OSCON Ultra low ESR caps.
with psu Super3 Farad PSU
as well as mutec ref10 10mhz clock.
it gives a lot of purity in the sound.
but must say, there really isn't much difference in the sound on the usbdcc.
here we are talking percentages, on usbdcc.
all usbdcc are tested, on gustard x26pro.
as well as, neumann 310a studio monitor.
coming soon MUSICIAN PHOENIX Digital Interface, on trial.
I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do.
galvanic, usb isolator optocoupler optical conductor

Trell

Major Contributor
Honestly Jitter is considered to be meaningless, and I respect that I as I am no expert. But if you use optical out from a PC which is safe from noise and rfi whatever, but still sounds like poop coming out of the pc.
Why should optical out sound like “poop coming out from the PC”?

OP
D

doitttt

yes it is difficult to express jitter from PC, my experience.
source martial, must be good.
shit in shit out
that's why one galvanic isolator, can do a lot, but can't fix bad recording

BillyKueek

I have nothing to do with gustard.
other I buy, their products
what I do squeeze, the last drops, out of the sound.
have tried singxer su6-su-2 su-1 as well
sotm dX-USB HD
gustard u18 is the best usbinterface i heard so far.
I have 3 dac
lks0004
rme fs
gustard x26pro
May I know what additional cable is required to connect the R26 to U18? Also, am we connect the U18 to other dacs? If so, what cables are required for those connection since AgusSta RS IIS may not be the same as other brands’ products?

Top Bottom