• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New from the Netherlads KADaudio K7 loudspeakers

OP
NYfan2

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Look nice, but it's all hot air without independent measurements.

At the moment KAD audio is in direct contact with Klippel R&D in Dresden to make some measurements.
They are investigating the possibility to make a 3D scan and then interpolate the measurements to the stereo soundstage that is created by a pair.

That will be interesting I guess.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just checked their website: only marketing BS and not a single measurement avaliable (at least I didn't find anything) . Not much for a small company, which still seems to offer just one single product and which claims their technical solutions...

OP
NYfan2

NYfan2

Forum Donor
I agree that no measurements are offered, I only had a few sparse contacts lately with the owner but we didn't discuss the measurements or the status.

Just checked their website: only marketing BS and not a single measurement avaliable (at least I didn't find anything) . Not much for a small company, which still seems to offer just one single product and which claims their technical solutions...
Yes, the owner choose to focus on one product.
1,5 years back he was working on a smaller version but decided tot focus on the top model the K7.
There is now an "upgraded" version of the K7 with a Berylium tweeter from SEAS and I believe also the mid speakers are upgraded. I was invited by the owner to check out this version at the audio show in Munich but I wasn't able to visit.

KADaudio is essentially a one man business so very small.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I agree that no measurements are offered, I only had a few sparse contacts lately with the owner but we didn't discuss the measurements or the status.

Yes, the owner choose to focus on one product.
1,5 years back he was working on a smaller version but decided tot focus on the top model the K7.
There is now an "upgraded" version of the K7 with a Berylium tweeter from SEAS and I believe also the mid speakers are upgraded. I was invited by the owner to check out this version at the audio show in Munich but I wasn't able to visit.

KADaudio is essentially a one man business so very small.
A few decades ago I bought an amplifier (Fidelity Zirkon) of a small two men company. The company was closed all of a sudden and I ended up with a broken and not serviceable (at least not for reasonable costs) amp due to the fact, that most of the labeling of the electric components was removed. I learned my lesson....

OP
NYfan2

NYfan2

Forum Donor
I completely agree, that it is a risk to buy such a complicated product from a small manufacturer.

Top Bottom