• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New flat, new speakers... and new to REW - help request

ManuCV

Dear all,

I have moved to a new flat and I am setting up a new listening room of 3.2 m x 5.2 m (10.5 x 17 feet for the US fellas). I have just received a UMIK-1 mic and have done my first measurements. The room is still untreated, there's just a (big) rug, some thin curtains and some furniture. There's a bit of audible flutter echo and I am planning to put some absorbers - soon. I wanted to make some early measures before treatment.

To give some context, the room looks like this at the moment. There are 2 doors in front of the MLP (which will be closed while listening) as well as another door on the right side. 2 windows on the left side. The distance between speakers is 2.20 m (7.2 feet), same distance from the MLP to the speakers.

Living Room.png

Can you please let me know what do you think of this graph? This is an average of 6 measures, with slightly different positions for the mic around the main listening position. I think I need to play a bit with the subwoofer position to tame the bass.
The speakers are KEF Reference 1 and the subwoofer is a sealed Ken Kreisel DXD-808. The speakers are quite close to the rear wall, abour 30cm / 11 in, and they are using the short tube in the bass port.

result1-1.jpg

As commented before, I will definitely get some treatment (mostly for the flutter echo and sbir) but what do you think of this initial measure? Do you see anything especially bad? All of it? :D

Thanks in advance.

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Looks nice for an untreated room and current responce.
Below 200 Hz usualiy room responce is a mess.
I'd use bigger sealed sub for low bass just for safety if you need something below 30 Hz without distortion.

Top Bottom