• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[New EQ Software] Mega Switcher for Equalizer APO, with 15.000 EQ presets

Thalis

Hey @Jose Hidalgo

I think there is an error for the Punch folder. In the settings its asking for "150 - Punch" but in the Enhancers folder it is "140 - Punch". Not really a major issue but which should I rename to?

Edit: There are other folder names in Settings do not match the ones in the Enhancers folder too. Please advise. Thank you.

Edit2: Ok its not "not matching" but pointing to certain correctly named folders so only the Punch folder is a mismatch. Just need to know should I rename the folder name in Settings or the Enhancers folder, thank you.

Last edited:
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hey @Jose HidalgoI think there is an error for the Punch folder. In the settings its asking for "150 - Punch" but in the Enhancers folder it is "140 - Punch". Not really a major issue but which should I rename to?
Hi @Thalis , thanks for reporting. :) It's not a coding bug, I simply forgot to include the new Punch folder and files in the Enhancers folder.
It's not only a naming issue : all the files in the Punch folder need to be changed too.
A new MSW release is already ready for download. You can replace only the Enhancers folder if you have already replaced the other files.
Thank you, and don't hesitate to report other glitches. ;)

Thalis

Hi @Thalis , thanks for reporting. :) It's not a coding bug, I simply forgot to include the new Punch folder and files in the Enhancers folder.
It's not only a naming issue : all the files in the Punch folder need to be changed too.
A new MSW release is already ready for download. You can replace only the Enhancers folder if you have already replaced the other files.
Thank you, and don't hesitate to report other glitches. ;)

Ok... so I just need to unzip the Enhancers folder and replace the existing one in EQ APO.... got it....... thanks :)

JediMa

Do I need to make a clean installation for the new 1.1?

Thalis

Just remove the ver 1.0 folders and drop in the ver 1.1 folders. If you have any photos of your headphones not in the Devices folder just remember to plop them back in.

Edit: Oh and remember to copy the HSV over to HESuVi.

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Sorry for the delay, I was on a short trip.

Normally you don't need to replace your Devices.ini file.
You don't need to replace the EQ Presets folder either.
The other files need to be replaced. Especially the Settings.ini file, because it contains new information. Also the Enhancers folder.
So rather then replacing file by file, just replace the whole Mega Switcher folder, and maybe keep a copy of your Settings.ini Devices.ini file so you can replace it afterwards. ;)

JediMa

Done and works all perfectly, ty!

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Version 1.2 (edit : 1.22) is out ! :D

This is a major update. Check the changelog for details !

1.22 version
  • Deleted a remaining message box in 2-user mode that was there for debugging purposes
1.21 version
  • Fixed a small bug within the Tray Menu, when clicking alternatively with left and right buttons
1.2 version
  • Major EQ Database update with all 600+ original Oratory1990 presets
    => Such presets replace all corresponding AutoEQ "Oratory" presets (named "Harman 1.txt")
    => This update also includes 3 new target curves for some headphones : Oratory, Diffuse Field, Crinacle
  • Number of Sound Modes (targes curves) has been increased from 6 to 10
  • Full "Devices" images folder isn't included anymore, to greatly save on download size
    => Only relevant device image files are automatically downloaded on startup (only if missing)
    => This behaviour can be disabled via the new CheckPngFiles variable in Settings.ini
  • Fixed a bug where hotkeys for User 2 were enabled even if Users = 1
  • Better handling of very long device names (> 40 characters excl. brackets)
  • Replaced "Sound" by "Target" in modes 2 and up (e.g. "Harman Target" instead of "Harman Sound")
    => Mode 1 remains "Original Sound"
  • Added a link to the ChangeLog when there's a new update available
  • Added some device pictures to the online database (e.g. Apple AirPods Max)

FYI the download size has greatly been reduced (13.8 MB instead of 47+ MB, that's something). That was achieved by downloading only the hi-res pictures you need (the Devices pictures database is now online). This is much more efficient and solves an issue that was puzzling me right from the start.

Most of all, now we have all the "original" Oratory1990 presets, exactly as they are in his Reddit. It took a bit of work, but now they're here. :cool:

As usual, feel free to report anything : bugs, questions, and also positive stuff, it always warms my heart. :)

PS : for users of previous versions, all files and folders need to be replaced with this update, except the Devices.ini file. Namely the Settings.ini file and the hotkeys files need to be replaced too, or bad things will happen. Thanks !

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
:-s And now?

1627755164091.png

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

:-s And now?
Don't you think the error message is self-explanatory ?
Apparently you didn't install HeSuVi correctly, or you didn't install it at all.

Katji

Major Contributor
1627980815229.png

I didn't install it at all - docs /install/instructions say it is optional. This is contradiction. [What is it for? Why should I install it?]
I wanted to *see* Mega Switcher, further than the screenshots...in particular, how suitable it would be for me to quickly change profiles.

Last edited:
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

I'm on vacation right now. I'll answer all questions when I'm back (next sunday).
I will also release a new MSW version by then.
If you can't wait, then I really suggest you install HeSuVi like most people do. It won't harm your system, it's merely a plug-in for EAPO, nothing more.
Just click on the link provided in the Installation manual to go to its home page and read everything about it.

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

As promised, version 1.23 is out now ! :D

Fixed a couple of glitches, so :
- Users like @Katji who don't want to try HeSuVi will still be able to enjoy Mega Switcher
- Users with older 32-bit operating systems will now be able to use it also

No other fixes, so if you are happy with version 1.22, you don't need to update.

1.23 version :
- Fixed a glitch in CheckErrors() occurring only when UseHeSuVi = 0 and Users = 1
- Updated the three hotkeys .ini files (some shortcuts may have changed)
- First 32 & 64-bit compatible version

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Still the same error dialog, then splash screen, close. Still expecting HeSuVi folder and include:HeSuVi\HeSuVi.txt in config.txt

OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Still the same error dialog, then splash screen, close. Still expecting HeSuVi folder and include:HeSuVi\HeSuVi.txt in config.txt
Works here, with UseHeSuVi = 0 and without HeSuVi folder. Sorry but this is not an individual support thread. If you have a specific issue please send a PM like other members do and I'll see what I can do.

Also, remember that this is a 100% free software, so nobody is entitled to anything. When instead of just saying "Hi", "Thank you for this app", etc., your first message in this thread is ":-s And now? ", you can hardly expect the developer to be in a good mood to help you.

Also, if you have been waiting since tuesday without at least trying HeSuVi like most people do (which would have taken you about a minute to install), then maybe this is not the right software for you. Just saying.

BTW this software is also open source, so anybody can check its source code and see the latest changes. Here is the part that has been modified in the CheckErrors() function :

2021.08.08 - 19.10.05.png

Like it can be seen, this part is now only executed if UseHeSuVi = 1, so if you still have those errors, it must be because you have left UseHeSuVi = 1 when you should have set it to 0 since you haven't installed HeSuVi. The app is not going to launch magically if you don't have HeSuVi and you have left UseHeSuVi = 1.

That's what these errors are for : to point users in the right direction, so they can find the solutions by themselves. :)

Last edited:
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

I finally found the time to push version 1.3 out. :)
To be honest I could have done it months ago, but I was lazy since version 1.23 works well for most people. :p
On the bright side, I've been using it myself for months, so I can confirm that it works great and I don't see much improvements left.

Here's the changelog :

1.3 version :
- [1-user only] Now we can define a default device and a default mode, to be selected on startup
=> This is defined via the new DefaultDevNum and DefaultModeNum variables in Settings.ini
- Fixed a bug with the "About Mega Switcher" tray menu option
- Fixed a bug when setting UseSliderEQ to 0
- Changed #MaxThreadsPerHotkey to 6 instead of 3

Enjoy! :D

Top Bottom