• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Dutch&Dutch,Dutch review

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had both of mine failing within a week of each other. Then a bunch over on gearslutz had the same happening to them. Some folks spread over different forums also experienced the same.
Most cases were related to some amplifier relay malfunctioning, but in every case you need to send them back to Holland. From what I was told, the problem was some manufacturing fault in a series of Hypex Ncore amplifiers, which could of course be true.
Sorry to hear that. One of my 8Cs had a cabinet crack, and I heard a similar story from one other user. D&D replaced the entire pair and were, frankly, delightful to deal with during that process--vastly more professional and responsive than other, bigger companies, such as Devialet, have been in my limited experience.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I had both of mine failing within a week of each other. Then a bunch over on gearslutz had the same happening to them. Some folks spread over different forums also experienced the same.
Most cases were related to some amplifier relay malfunctioning, but in every case you need to send them back to Holland. From what I was told, the problem was some manufacturing fault in a series of Hypex Ncore amplifiers, which could of course be true.
I follow the Gearslutz thread I haven’t read that, I also haven’t had any issues with any Hypex module going back to our first pair of Grimm Ls1s, then Mola, Kii ,now March Audio.
Keith

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, then I guess you pick and choose what to read, what else can I say? ;)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Perhaps you could link me to the ‘bunch’ of them that all failed on Gearslutz?
Keith

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to hear that. One of my 8Cs had a cabinet crack, and I heard a similar story from one other user. D&D replaced the entire pair and were, frankly, delightful to deal with during that process--vastly more professional and responsive than other, bigger companies, such as Devialet, have been in my limited experience.
Thank you for sharing! The customer support from Kii couldn't be described as anything other than excellent as well, which made me confident enough to keep the speakers when I got them back.
They've been used for far more hours now than they were before they failed, so I'd guess it's been sorted out.

I was told by Kii Audio that the amplifiers in Kii BXT were a version of the new Purifi modules, perhaps the newer Kiis are as well? Keith?

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps you could link me to the ‘bunch’ of them that all failed on Gearslutz?
Keith
Can't say that I'm feeling particularly up for reading through the whole forum for you. But you're a member who post regularly in the threads about Kii/Dutch over there, so why don't you just ask the forum? :D

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom