• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Dutch&Dutch,Dutch review

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
they don't want to be assimilated with the Belgians ! !;):D

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm Dutch an our universities are teaching mostly in Englisch. Now there are questions raised because they fear linguicide (use it or lose it)
for the Dutch language on universities. I guess 99% of the Dutch don't give a Sh...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46030112

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Bloody clogs insisting on using their own language..

It would be nice if the British embraced the idea of having their own language, instead of keeping all those Frenchy spellings (colour, labour, etc.).

It's been almost 1000 years since the Norman invasion. It's time to stop trying to kiss up to the French overlords you no longer have.

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

What the heck is this?

20190607165141_2019-05-27_DutchAndDutch8c_bottom_(1198x796).jpg

It has a fan??

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It would be nice if the British embraced the idea of having their own language, instead of keeping all those Frenchy spellings (colour, labour, etc.).

It's been almost 1000 years since the Norman invasion. It's time to stop trying to kiss up to the French overlords you no longer have.
That's why the Brexit deals so complicated, we've got to agree on what words we can still use after the 31st October.

Hopefully the term ' up shit creek without a paddle' will survive else I'm not sure how we will describe affairs.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
That's why the Brexit deals so complicated, we've got to agree on what words we can still use after the 31st October.

Hopefully the term ' up shit creek without a paddle' will survive else I'm not sure how we will describe affairs.

John Dos Passos (more Spanish words!), American author from the 1930s, added the 'without a paddle' bit to that phrase, so as long as you're still in NATO, I guess you're good.

Otherwise, maybe adopt some Hindi terms? Y'all have taken to the food quite well, already.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I really can't help that they look a bit low rent given the price.

It's the cabinet that gets me.

It looks a bit like someone took a PC tower case and slapped some drivers on the front and some plywood on the sides.

I have to wonder about how resonance proof it is.

A large contrast to the curved bullet shapes that seem the consensus amongst high end 2-ways these days.

images

Stunning-BW-805-D3-Standmount-Speakers-Stands.jpg

images-8_1024x1024.jpeg

Also, while I appreciate the desire of the 8C to address room nodes via its built-in DSP and extra woofers, I wonder if it's really a better architecture than a really, really good 2-way plus 2 subs with 12"+ woofers (which can often be had for similar price)?

Top Bottom