• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DT 770 (32 Ohm) EQ thoughts?

noahy

I am also using crossfeed, Meier's in Peace.

See next post for updated version.

Attachments

• DT770.png
    DT770.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
OP
N

noahy

Fine-tuned further.

Attachments

• DT770.png
    DT770.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 142
OP
N

noahy

I am very satisfied. I strive for perfection. I am 19 years old, so minimal hearing loss (most likely). This is balanced according to my taste and what I've grown up to prefer. Comments are more than welcome. 6-7 kHz and 13 kHz are way too high on the DT770s, as has been commonly reported. Hence the extreme negative values. Thanks!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks pretty rad. very lumpy and sharp defined boundaries.

OP
N

noahy

My knowledge about the filter options and Q values is minimal to none.
I used AutoEq as a base, then I adjusted according to my preferences and knowledge.
If you have any suggestions to improve, please state them. I am more than happy to try them.
I prefer a warm sound with powerful sub-bass frequencies. My aim is to reduce listening fatigue while maintaining excellent sound balance in the profile.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My knowledge about the filter options and Q values is minimal to none.
If you have any suggestions to improve, please state them. I am more than happy to try them.
I prefer a warm sound with powerful sub-bass frequencies. My aim is to reduce listening fatigue while maintaining excellent sound balance in the profile.
Thanks!
You adjust however you see and think is fit for your music listening pleasure....lol. There are no rules with EQ/PEQ unless you are really serious about it and then you need a calibrated microphone like this and REW which is free.

OP
N

noahy

I am serious about it, but also cannot afford any additional equipment.
I am merely posting to see others' comments to see what my level of audiophilia is and how balanced my sound preference is -- and of course most importantly to see if there are any ways to improve it. As my knowledge is limited at this point, I would need suggestions in order to have any idea whatsoever of how to improve upon it. I hope to get that from experienced members like you.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am serious about it, but also cannot afford any additional equipment.
No worries there is the chance that you may not have liked the result from PEQ'ing to a calibrated microphone. Some don't like the result. It seems most do like it though.
I am merely posting to see others' comments to see what my level of audiophilia is and how balanced my sound preference is
There is your room's sound, the speakers' sound and of course your ears' response to sound and so that makes things very variable and to your taste. Put the PEQ where you like it and try that for a few days and then try something else till you get good at it and find your sound.
I hope to get that from experienced members like you.
O' there's plenty of peeps here that are willing to walk you through EQ/PEQ and related stuff...lol. No worries there.

OP
N

noahy

ok :) I'll take the various factors into consideration, give it time to let my ears adjust (which is great advice, as I've noticed my preferences change a ton as my ears get "bored") -- then post again in a few days.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Here's the frequency response of the DT 770 Pro 32Ω with your EQ applied:
DT 770 Pro 32Ω + noahy EQ vs Harman.png
Here's where I got the raw frequency response from.

I also ran the raw FR through the AutoEQ Python script to generate PEQ filters. The result is attached as .zip and .txt below.
DT770 32Ohm 0dB AVG.png
Preamp: -4.5 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 105 Hz Gain -5.7 dB Q 0.70
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 128 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.43
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 220 Hz Gain 7.0 dB Q 1.61
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1426 Hz Gain 3.3 dB Q 2.18
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 74 Hz Gain 6.0 dB Q 2.76
Filter 6: ON HS Fc 10000 Hz Gain -8.4 dB Q 0.70
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 8483 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 4.21
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 4425 Hz Gain 4.6 dB Q 3.72
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 3289 Hz Gain -2.8 dB Q 2.87
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 6072 Hz Gain -4.3 dB Q 5.92

Attachments

• DT770 32Ohm 0dB AVG ParametricEQ.txt
    490 bytes · Views: 55
  • DT770 32Ohm 0dB AVG.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
OP
N

noahy

Here's the frequency response of the DT 770 Pro 32Ω with your EQ applied:
View attachment 243959
Here's where I got the raw frequency response from.

I also ran the raw FR through the AutoEQ Python script to generate PEQ filters. The result is attached as .zip and .txt below.
View attachment 243962
Thank you very much for this.

So the ZIP file contains results for a neutral AutoEQ preset, unrelated to my own EQ posted earlier?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Was the target in the AutoEQ run flat or Harmann? Did you account for differences in graph scale?
The target was Harman OE2018, and yes I did account for differences in graph scale.

OP
N

noahy

Hello!

What about this EQ compared to an uncompensated graph and Harmann?

Screenshot 03-11-2023 19.55.50.png

Screenshot 03-11-2023 19.58.33.png

The additional -4 dB pregain is to bypass Windows' sound processing artifacts. See Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate for the full method (involves changing settings when installing EqAPO as well).

I also use Case's Meier Crossfeed (a very neutral implementation, no change in FR) at the 1 strength--occasionally.

@staticV3 please have a look if you have time. Thank you in advance.

P.S.: I would also appreciate a subjective opinion if possible.

OP
N

noahy

Also, if possible, I would love a Parametric EQ to the RAW frequency response (flat target).

OP
N

noahy

I figured it out myself, thanks to what you posted a couple months ago and a thread on another forum, @staticV3 ! :)

For the reference, I will attach it.

DT770 Pro 32-Ohm Comparison pre- & post-EQ.jpg

It is based on three measurement reports, one being the Korean site you amazingly found, static; the other two being: (1) Reference Audio Analyzer, (2) Crinacle. The last one is a measurement of another Ohm edition; however, they have very similar FRs and Crinacle has better measuring equipment. These were then averaged out and smoothed out variably. The EQ was then generated with the diffuse-field (100% flat) target. Above blue line shows the result; the red line is the original FR. Attached is also the EQ file.

Attachments

• Flat EQ (Diffuse Field Curve) DT770 Pro 32-Ohm.txt
    951 bytes · Views: 50
Top Bottom