• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DAC - Topping E50, SMSL SU-8S, Loxjie D30, Soncoz…

Fulci

Hello everyone! Thinking of getting a new DAC, what’s you opinion on these models, regarding sound, usage, and specially reliability?

-Topping E50 (leaning towards this one but I’d prefer if it had a PSU inside)
- SMSL SU-8S (€100 more expensive!)
- Loxjie D30 v2
- Soncoz LA-QXD1 (reading about too many quality control issues)
- what else ~€300?

I don’t really need MQA, XLR or Bluetooth, just looking for the best sound quality for the money. I use it for 80% TV and 20% music, mostly airplay.

What do you recommend?

Thanks.

Pedecia

Hello everyone! Thinking of getting a new DAC, what’s you opinion on these models, regarding sound, usage, and specially reliability?

-Topping E50 (leaning towards this one but I’d prefer if it had a PSU inside)
- SMSL SU-8S (€100 more expensive!)
- Loxjie D30 v2
- Soncoz LA-QXD1 (reading about too many quality control issues)
- what else ~€300?

I don’t really need MQA, XLR or Bluetooth, just looking for the best sound quality for the money. I use it for 80% TV and 20% music, mostly airplay.

What do you recommend?

Thanks.
I was looking at exactly the same 2 Dacs. The E50 vs Loxjie D30v2 but also fund the Topping EX5 that has also LDAC Bluetooth capability and fully balanced output. I ordered the E50 via Amazon but cancelled before it arrived as for 90USD more I can buy the EX5 with a good headphone AMP, Bluetooth 5.0 and Internal Power supply that supports 110V and 220V. For 90USD more it is a not brainer I think. I would love to have some more experts opinion on this. I have already a THX789 Hooked up to a Topping DX7s and wanted a second DAC for my office to use with my Loxjie P20 via balanced. The extra linear AMP might for sure be useful and the added Bluetooth definitely would be GOLD!! Is the new Sabre chipset on the E50 be much better and have a noticeable difference from the EX5?

Thanks.

Top Bottom