• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DAC / Headphone Amp

reddono

Hi. I have an X6 audio FX DAC, which is fine as a dac for my Breeze TA3116 speaker amplifier, but too loud for iem listening (generally low impedance and very sensitive as you know). I would like a similar combo, RCA output for the speaker amp and headphone output but that doesn't create a static hiss like my DAC does. I was thinking about the iFi Zen Dac V2. How do you think the DAC is compared to mine? I know that as headphone ampli should be good. Thanks

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi. I have an X6 audio FX DAC, which is fine as a dac for my Breeze TA3116 speaker amplifier, but too loud for iem listening (generally low impedance and very sensitive as you know). I would like a similar combo, RCA output for the speaker amp and headphone output but that doesn't create a static hiss like my DAC does. I was thinking about the iFi Zen Dac V2. How do you think the DAC is compared to mine? I know that as headphone ampli should be good. Thanks
How about Topping DX3 Pro+... or Schiit Hel?

Top Bottom