• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Dac for Cd Player ( budget 1200 $ )

lovis61

Hi. My system is this :
Klipsch RF 3
Audio analogue Puccini ( integrated amplifier )

im buyng a new cd player mechanic cyrus cdt or audiolab 6000cdt

I was thinking to buy a dac for cd mechanics. my question was about how spend money. The system in the future will not be upgrated ( maybe ampli,maybe)

is worth spend 1000 $ for cd player dac ? maybe is better take a good dac for a half price. and spende other 700 $ for preamp's dac.
i use for 80 % cd. 10 % vynil 10 % stream

is for my father. i dont think the dac for cd mechanics will bring who knows what improvements, then, better take good but cheaper dac for cd and the other for amplifier's dac. in the future maybe i can upgrade ampli without dac and use the external dac.

opinion ?

thx all. have a good day

OP
L

lovis61

is for my father. i dont think he want change nothing abotu speaker. you know, like old love story. xd

3125b

Major Contributor
Given that they advertise that amp as "zero feedback" it's not gonna have more than maybe 60dB SINAD, so any DAC with coax or optical input will work just fine.
Have a look at the Topping E30 maybe.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
you don't need to spend much on a DAC to get effectively perfect fidelity.

Go here:
Click type top right and select DAC (dedicated).
Click "go to rankings"

Pick any from the blue or green section of this list - choose lowest cost based on having the features you need. The topping E30 mentioned above is in the blue (top) section for only around $130. If that doesn't do it for you, there are many to choose from in the $100 to $500 range.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Given the latest incarnation of the E30 has a rather poor spdif interface, and the track record is patchy, I would vote against it. For USB, it would be perfect.

Hapo

...my 6000CDT is playing through a Schitt Modi 3 + w/o issue...good explaination here...

Last edited:

JoeBrooklyn

If you are routing the audio through an external dac, I'm don't see the point in spending big $ on a CD transport. As long as it is reasonable stable it won't introduce any errors into the CD read. If you are not using the CD transport analog out, power supply and most of the other bells and whistles won't matter

Any of the well reviewed DACs from Topping, SMSL, Schiit or Gustard for $100-500 will pair nicely. These days, optical inputs on the dacs seem to have slightly more jitter across the board than coax for the most part (there are exceptions)

Have you considered converting (or paying to convert) father's collection to FLAC? The error correction software built into EAC or other high quality rippers far exceeds what is available to nearly all transports. You will get pristine lossless copes that can be played from a nice music streamer.

Top Bottom