• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DAC comparison chart (we'd love your feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Yes, I knew that you had another buddy doing this great job, but didn't remember his name, so that I thanked you spontaneously.

So here I take the opportunity to thank both of you: @RickSanchez and you @pozz

I have been following all these posts asking you numerous requests.
It's a hell of a job and very grateful you did it.

I hope that it will be easier now to update it regularly and include the dacs, speakers amps aso when reviewed by @amirm ;)

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I hope that it will be easier now to update it regularly and include the dacs, speakers amps aso when reviewed by @amirm ;)
It will be. Sorry if the database has lapses. It's just me populating it, and whether or not I have time depends on my job.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It will be. Sorry if the database has lapses. It's just me populating it, and whether or not I have time depends on my job.

If so, why not make it deliberately just twice a year or so ?
Means: no surprises to others who may claim here and there that the gear they were looking for doesn't appear.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will reprise Harmonie:

So here I take the opportunity to thank both of you: @RickSanchez and you @pozz

I can build a computer (assemble might be a better term but I also plan [to a certain extent] what parts it takes to make it capable of certain things)

BUT doing the things you folks do to make computers do their thing to be useful to us is like an alternative universe to me.

Thank the powers that be for minds like the 2 of you.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
If so, why not make it deliberately just twice a year or so ?
Means: no surprises to others who may claim here and there that the gear they were looking for doesn't appear.
Right now I try to update once a month. I think that's a reasonable schedule and I like looking up new gear in the charts whenever.

@RickSanchez does the speaker data and chart by himself, and is much better than me about keeping it updated. A big part of the time spent populating the dataset is research to confirm functions and so forth, and making sure entries are consistent across devices of the same kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom