• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DAC/Amp/Streamer Recommendations

madmanmandzu

Looking to upgrade my current set up. Most of my investment is currently in 2 setups, within the same room, and focused on headphone listening. I have one station for digital streaming through an RME Adi-2 FS and another cheaper setup (Schitt stack) connected to my turntable. I also have a pair of active bookshelf speakers (Kanto YU6) and sub (SVS SB-1000). I plan to sell the RME and Kanto speakers yet do plan to keep the Schiit Magni 3+ just in case the new amp/dac doesn't have a headphone out.

My listening room is extremely small (14' x 9') but about 6' of length is already taken up (Home Office) therefore my listening area is pretty small (9' x 9')

I am looking to purchase a) New Hybrid DAC/AMP/Streamer which I can connect to my phono stage (Parks Audio Puffin) as well as my PC and i am also looking to buy b) New passive speakers

Budget would be $2000CAD or $1600USD (just for the DAC/AMP/Streamer) and another $1500CAD or $1200USD. I was looking at the new NAD C700 or the NAD C388. The newer C399 is a little out of my price range. Any other recommendations? Feel free to recommend speakers as well. I prefer a more clinical sound with plenty of detail and resolution.

Top Bottom