• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Computer Build

Willem

Major Contributor
I recently updated my 2008 Windows desktop computer, and I wanted a fast fanless one this time, because I hate noise in my home office, and because I also use it to stream music. The bonus of a fanless computer is of course that this is only possible with a computer that is pretty energy efficient. So I bought an Akasa Turing FX fanless case and an Intel NUC I7 10th gen, with plenty of memory and a fast and large SSD. It hardly ever gets hot. Videoconferencing seems the most demanding application, judging by the temperature of the case, but even then it only gets a bit warm, rather than hot.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since this is going to be dedicated to a music only machine have you considered a base M1 Mac Mini for $650? Small, fanless and runs Windows faster than most PCs now that VMs work on it. Small fee from Jriver to make your license cross platform.

Top Bottom