• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Chinese IEM's

MrNice13

I own some shure iems, fiio.. but I want to buy a new pair, but I want to try something chi-fi. I've seen a lot of KZ's that are still very nice but I live in Europe so Amazon is not a way. Between DD, hybrid, BA I don't know where to look.
Do you have something to suggest. Why do they have such high impedance apart from that?

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It depends on what your budget is, KZ aren't the best brand nor do their IEM’s perform that well. I’d recommend Moondrop, Dunu or even TinHifi. Linsoul would be a good bet since they ship to Europe.

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

It depends on what your budget is, KZ aren't the best brand nor do their IEM’s perform that well. I’d recommend Moondrop, Dunu or even TinHifi. Linsoul would be a good bet since they ship to Europe.
Didn't think about Linsoul. Yeah always wanted more moondrop in Europe :( I'm going to check that or maybee wait the next month $$ and find a way to get a nice pair of Moondrop.
Thanks dude.

I would say they perform well for the pricepoint. Maybe less so than today as the chifi market is so competitive. Not many others making fully detachable cable iems for under 10 bucks. EDX for instance is really solid and costs the same as a beer. If we are talking the more expensive stuff like the zs10pro and others then yes it no longer competes with the market.

The CCA (a KZ owned company) makes the CRA and CRA+ which are both really solid iems for 12 and 18 bucks respectively.

JSmith

Master Contributor
@MrNice13, please, avoid using that term, thanks;

JSmith

Achim1812

Why not Ama.....?
In Germany they have a whole bunch listed. KZs are often listed under Linsoul, Yinyio or CCA.

Chyżwar

I would say they perform well for the pricepoint. Maybe less so than today as the chifi market is so competitive. Not many others making fully detachable cable iems for under 10 bucks. EDX for instance is really solid and costs the same as a beer. If we are talking the more expensive stuff like the zs10pro and others then yes it no longer competes with the market.

The CCA (a KZ owned company) makes the CRA and CRA+ which are both really solid iems for 12 and 18 bucks respectively.

The EDX are terrible! I couldn't use them even if someone paid me 10 bucks ;) The LingLong and EDCX are not bad. The ZS10 Pro X aren't a bad option for $40. And the KZ PR1 are pretty good, but they need EQ or at least foam tips.

LearningToSmile

I second Linsoul, bought a few IEMs through them and never had any issues. Free(if a bit slow) shipping and no VAT/customs(or rather probably included in the price) is a bonus. From what I had I can recommend QKZ and TinHifi. Kiwi Ears also had no issues with, but I barely used my pair because of fit problems. Moondrop and Blon I personally didn't have great experiences with, but the latter might have been the shady seller(bought it from a random seller on shopee because it was a few $ cheaper and got a pair with one channel dead on arrival). I also just ordered the Blon Z300 from Linsoul so I'll see if that has any issues.

Besides that, it really depends on how much you want to spend and what tuning you're interested in. With how affordable decent Chinese IEMs are it's actually quite feasible to get a few different pairs each with different tuning and still spend only around $100 without sacrificing much if any sound quality. FR measurements being readily available is another plus.

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

@MrNice13, please, avoid using that term, thanks;

JSmith
Sorry

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

Thanks for the reply guys

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

Why not Ama.....?
In Germany they have a whole bunch listed. KZs are often listed under Linsoul, Yinyio or CCA.
Cannot order from Switzerland.. Amazon France too.

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

@MrNice13
Ah, ok. Customs also still an issue?
Yeah on ama it's written currently unavailable for your country for delivery. But I already ordered from Germany under 50€ and was ok for customs. Over 100 I need to pay.... Stupid Swiss

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

Screenshot_2023-04-24-13-47-44-78_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
It depends the item I saw the tanchjim but cannot order it. KZ and CAA works tho.

OP
MrNice13

MrNice13

Ok now I hesitate between the salnote 7hz, cca cra or KZzs10.

Top Bottom