• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Belkin Airplay 2 device

BitPerfect_

44F8D37D-8835-48D4-9622-B56A0E0242CE.jpeg
Unfortunately. From the Q&A section, Belkin site.

Zensō

Major Contributor

BitPerfect_

May be. Belkin declared AirPlay 2 limited at 16/44.1 which could be fine but that user find that is not bit perfect.

Last edited:
So is this device good? want to add airplay to my rotel stereo amp, should i get this or the Wiim Mini instead?

Thanks.

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Was thinking of getting this now that its on sale - any opinions? For example in comparison to the HomePod Mini or even a Sonos One? Mainly for Airplay 2 playback but possible for use an an Alexa speaker also

Rosenbloom

I got one from Amazon UK for £29.99 before it was sold out there. I then found Argos UK is doing a clearance and sells it for £24.99. Without much thinking I bought my second Belkin.
I use the optical output to connect it to my DAC, and stream local music files in my iPad. I must say I am very happy. Absolutely convenient for me!
I used to have a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 streamer. I returned it in the first week because of its poor wifi reception. The Belkin has no such problem. Very good!

fabius

I got one from Amazon UK for £29.99 before it was sold out there. I then found Argos UK is doing a clearance and sells it for £24.99. Without much thinking I bought my second Belkin.
Thank you for posting this! Quite the bargain. I've just ordered one to collect from my local Argos.

I did buy an Apple Airport Express off eBay, for over £30, which has been OK except it only seems to advertise itself over Airplay for a couple of minutes after it's turned on. After that I can't connect anything to it, and have to turn it off and on again. It's not the end of the world, as I only use it occasionally, and so it's usually turned off. But still frequently annoying.

I did read somewhere that older Apple TVs make for good Airplay receivers, and that because they're losing support for some DRM video, the price of used ones may start dropping.

OP
Jazz

Jazz

Belkin Soundform Connect Airplay reciever for Music for older stereos and amps has a code for 35% off – they show on the page for it – that knocks the price to $65. Free ground shipping. Normally this device is overpriced for what it does. This brings it to about what its normal price should be. They have a decent 90 day return for it too.
BTW: I think some of the issues people have had with it can be fixed if you follow this guy's advice. In theory, you do not need the app for set up too. But this should clear it and allow it to integrate with HomeKit for whole home audio and voice control of Apple Music.

Top Bottom