• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Audio Analyzer from Prism Sound (M1)

VIRTINS

Industry Insider
I could not get Virtins to use bit-exact input and output at the same time.
My first post in this great forum:)

Multi-Instrument used to have an occasional dropout issue with some ASIO drivers when the ASIO buffer size is small and simultaneous input and output is running. It has been fixed since Version 3.8 Build 3 (Released on Aug 31, 2018). The 21-day trial period will be reset by a new version. The latest version is V3.8.5.2.

"bit-perfect" signal generation can be done through the bit-perfect library. Details can be found in Section 4.3.1.9.2 of the software manual which can be accessed through [Help]>[Software Manual], or simply press F1. It can be used to generate bit-perfect signals or wave files such as the J-Test signal.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
My first post in this great forum

Great to have you on board here. :)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been eyeing off your comprehensive software suite. We have some users of it here already.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello friends,

Although quite belated,,,,

I am interested in possible use of "Multi-Instrument", maybe the life-time license of "Multi-Instrument Standard" with free version-up and/or minor update services.

As I am much interested in analysis and manipulation of HiRes music formats (see my post here and thereafter), let me simply ask you whether "Multi-Instrument Standard" in default installation (without any further plug-ins) can directly receive (or read) audio tracks in aif (or aiff) (AIFF), flac, dsf, diff, mp4, wav, as a file and/or on-the-fly during play, or not.

Thanks in advance you for your kind attention.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Hello friends,

Although quite belated,,,,

I am interested in possible use of "Multi-Instrument", maybe the life-time license of "Multi-Instrument Standard" with free version-up and/or minor update services.

As I am much interested in analysis and manipulation of HiRes music formats (see my post here and thereafter), let me simply ask you whether "Multi-Instrument Standard" in default installation (without any further plug-ins) can directly receive (or read) audio tracks in aif (or aiff) (AIFF), flac, dsf, diff, mp4, wav, as a file and/or on-the-fly during play, or not.

Thanks in advance you for your kind attention.

PCM encoded wav files, yes. I haven't tried others yet.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you, SIY.

It looks that "Multi-Instrument" is rather "electronics engineer" oriented software. I prefer (as not an electronics expert) rather "music" oriented one.

I will soon look and test, therefore, "Sound Forge Pro 15 Suite", including "Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 7", with life-time license and version-up/update services through the distributor "Source Next" in Japan. They are now offering special campaign (ending today!) with reasonable (I assume) discount at here. Maybe better choice in terms of cost performance than Adobe's Audition, I assume.

Have you (or anyone here) tried Sound Forge Pro?

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello friends,

I download-purchased "Sound Forge Pro 15 Suite", including "Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 7", for possible flexible "edit" of music tracks with undesirable HF (high frequency) noises. Please visit my post here for the details.

Last edited:
Top Bottom