• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New amp with pre-outs

Chanba

Hello! First post here.

It's time to replace my old Sony DH720. I currently have 5.1 setup. Elac debut 6.2 + 6.2c speakers at front, some old jbl speakers at back and gallo th-3d as sub. I'm looking new avr with atmos capability and pre-outs. I'm usually using avr all the time when TV is on.

In future, I want to be able to ad stereo amp or separate power amp on my system. In near future I'm propably gonna change L/R speakers to Kef R3 and move Elacs to back.

Best canditates for avr are now Marantz Cinema 70 and Cinema 60.

My question: Is Cinema 60 worth extra 350 euros on my case? My room aint big, about 4,5 x 4 metres. I live in apartment, so usually I dont use any high volumes. Using phone app I get something like 70-75 dB on couch 4 metres from speakers. Trying to find future proof solution on budget and expect 10 years in use.

I also though Yamaha RX-V6A, but it cant drive 4 ohms speaker beside L/R and have weak pre-out output.

MacCali

Major Contributor
Hello! First post here.

It's time to replace my old Sony DH720. I currently have 5.1 setup. Elac debut 6.2 + 6.2c speakers at front, some old jbl speakers at back and gallo th-3d as sub. I'm looking new avr with atmos capability and pre-outs. I'm usually using avr all the time when TV is on.

In future, I want to be able to ad stereo amp or separate power amp on my system. In near future I'm propably gonna change L/R speakers to Kef R3 and move Elacs to back.

Best canditates for avr are now Marantz Cinema 70 and Cinema 60.

My question: Is Cinema 60 worth extra 350 euros on my case? My room aint big, about 4,5 x 4 metres. I live in apartment, so usually I dont use any high volumes. Using phone app I get something like 70-75 dB on couch 4 metres from speakers. Trying to find future proof solution on budget and expect 10 years in use.

I also though Yamaha RX-V6A, but it cant drive 4 ohms speaker beside L/R and have weak pre-out output.
Honestly as you can tell the market is kind of funky right now. Denon was the king and that went to hell when they switched dacs.

I’m not sure if anything really fits your needs without dishing out at least 2300.

But if you can hold out and save or I don’t know what your budget is Iota has the AVX17. But that’s only a processor so you would need the external amplification now to go that route.

Other you can check the review index and see what works

Top Bottom