In my office setup I have
- Yamaha RX-V540 5.1ch AVR (from 2003, bought used) - working fine other than the remote
- Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speakers, located on the desk next to my computer monitors (impedance plot: https://www.stereophile.com/content/dali-zensor-1-loudspeaker-measurements)
- ATH-M50X headphones
- 2 PCs connected each via TOSLINK
- AT-LP2X (AT-LP3) turntable with built-in phono stage (Yamaha AVR has none)
- I can't easily switch between headphones and speakers - have to unplug the headphones from the receiver.
- Would like a better phono stage
- Would like a working remote
- Yamaha A-S301 or A-S501. Currently out of stock everywhere in Australia but should be back soon. Has one TOSLINK and one S/PDIF input, so I would need a converter to the connect the other PC.
- Yamaha R-N602. I do have MusicCast elsewhere in the house but don't really need it here (won't use Spotify Connect, might stream the turntable occasionally).
- Denon PMA-600NE or 800NE.
- Cambridge AXR100 (more expensive than justified by the speakers I think)
- Buy a headphone amp instead, like Topping L30, connect it to the tape out on the current AVR
- Buy a phono stage instead.
- Buy a generic replacement remote control
- Buy all analog amp and external DAC or two