• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Alex Cavalli Liquid Platinum and Spark Amps at Monoprice

Sythrix

ETA: 06/26/2018

Monolith Liquid Platinum Headphone Amplifier by Alex Cavalli - $699.99

Monolith Liquid Spark Headphone Amplifier by Alex Cavalli - $99.99

Two interesting amps featuring Cavalli design. The Liquid Platinum is a fully balanced tube hybrid with 3.6W into 50 ohms and the Liquid Spark is a small solid-state which can push 1.3 W into 50 ohms.

Both look interesting, in my opinion. Wish the price was a little lower on the Liquid Platinum (for Monoprice anyways).

Thoughts? I heard Cavalli sold all his designs and closed the company, so I'm guessing he didn't actually have a hand in creating these. The Liquid Platinum also looks like a render, so it may not be final.

Veri

Master Contributor
Sneak peek on the Liquid Spark. Measurements by SBAF's atomicbob.

1SJtEk3.png

0.00348% THD (FFT 0dBu 30R load). Frequency response seems good (no roll-off up to 20K), power specs seems good.
Not sure this thing has got anything on the O2 though. Looking forward to amir's review of the device.

Tortie

Forum Donor
Sneak peek on the Liquid Spark. Measurements by SBAF's atomicbob.

1SJtEk3.png

0.00348% THD (FFT 0dBu 30R load). Frequency response seems good (no roll-off up to 20K), power specs seems good.
Not sure this thing has got anything on the O2 though. Looking forward to amir's review of the device.

This is not helpful.

Veri

Master Contributor
I understand the sentiment but I still check their measurements section. You can talk out of your ass about the measurements, but the measurements themselves should be objective, no?

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
SBAF is the worst headphone forum on the internet.

I'm one of the rare few people who's active both here and at SBAF.

IMO SBAF is one of the best places to discuss the headphones themselves. The associated electronics on the other hand? Not so much.

Jacona

I'm one of the rare few people who's active both here and at SBAF.

IMO SBAF is one of the best places to discuss the headphones themselves. The associated electronics on the other hand? Not so much.

I agree with the headphone part, I usually just lurk SBAF with no account.

I feel they're usually pretty spot on with the subjective descriptions headphone (except maybe any treble that's not from HD600/650 being murderous). They know exactly what kind of sound signature they like and can pick out things from headphones that deviates from it (which can lead to good or bad interactions...).

Top Bottom