• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Addition to Moderator Team

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Joined Jan 3, 2021 :confused:

I think there's a lot more to it, the vetting and the job, than the date joined...

Fresh "young" blood!

JSmith

Master Contributor
I hope Amir is not going to insist I wear a Red Shirt!:confused:
Nah, but one with various Pink Panthers is a must... and hat, pants, shoes etc. :cool:

Here's one I prepared earlier;

1618274708068.png

JSmith

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Was my Red Shirt too dated? Haven’t been called a Young Blood since the mid 70’s. So yeah, Young Blood sounds darn fine. I might make that my tag name?

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Good to have you on board Adam.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is needed forum feels kind of flooded from the other side lately :)

The very knowledgeable core members seems to still be able to create interesting topics , but they are not as visible in the noise as they used to be.

JSmith

Master Contributor
the noise
Actually there are too many duplicate and similar threads... consolidation of information in one thread is often best and easier for members to search for. Often a new thread should just be merged with the main original thread.

JSmith

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m more concerned about the noise in the guise of treads post and topics that are not in what I originally perceived as the ethos of this forum when I joined ?

Like musings on subjective sound quality differences between perfectly transparent products like DAC’s over and over again .
And a very large contingent of later members seems to have joined in pure spite to tell everyone how wrong ASR is and that traditional audiophile “values” are the rigth way ?
I’m not sure if a majority of members are for or against this very forum ?

Suggest mods move against stuff that are demonstratedly wrong otherwise ASR will contribute to spreading the misunderstandings it tries to defeat ? By its own members.

I kind of “scientific moderator” that simply tells us when “this is not how things work” and point us at the appropriate source that tells us so ! to keep us in line :)
Ofcourse we should have questions and discussions.
But some treads are like when you collect all the leaves in your garden and are just about to bag them and they all blow back in again by a sudden gust of wind.

There could be limited moderator roles per technical subject. For example If we are talking out of our a***s about crossovers and thier components some guy steps in show us the way .
Then if someone drags in some old audiophile chestnut about how “negative feedback is bad” some other fellow with deep knowledge in amp design could show the more nuanced picture etc.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like to know the qualifications needed to become a moderator. Because I'd like to make sure I never meet them.

I do have experience unsuccessfully trying to herd wild cats so hopefully that is a disqualifing event. This mod gig is probably more difficult.

Thanks Adam. And good luck.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
At the airfield last week, one of the club members, who is Chief Scientist at a bio-pharmaceutical firm, decided he needed to check his e-mail and was reading off the gist of some to me.

He got someone complaining about how "we should do this and we should do that".

He didn't seem to have a reply, so I gave my suggestion.

I said "Easy enough, just put them in charge of it!"

And that is how he replied, laughing. "Good idea!"

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome @AdamG247 to the wild west where loonie cats meow about scientific evidence based theories on what sounds they hear from other cats.

Top Bottom