• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Addition to Moderator Team

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone.

It is my pleasure to announce that @AdamG247 (Adam) to our moderation team. I hope I can count on all of you to hide what all is involved in this role by being on your best behavior. There is plenty of time to show him later what a tough crew you are to keep in check!!!

Seriously, we have grown so much that we need the additional help to deal with everything from ever present spam and making sure the site stays highly informative yet friendly. I appreciate Adam volunteering for this job and help us live up to this aspiration.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Is that a lifetime appointment or is there a specific term of service?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Think you meant "servitude"?
ser·vi·tude /ˈsərvəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun: the state of being a slave or completely subject to someone more powerful.

Either way, big thanks to @AdamG247 -- this is probably the only thread that will thank you for it! As a friend said when I hired on with a new outfit that was having some shaky times, "Welcome aboard, now help bail!" :)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Happy to spread more of the kickback wealth!!!

Thank you for stepping up, and I look forward to the help in keeping this special place what it is.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I am honored to have the opportunity to be a part of this incredibly giving Community and Team. What Amir has built here has no equal in the Audio Community. We are indeed very fortunate that Amir has selflessly dedicated himself and his resources to shine a light of Science upon this industry. The breath and depth of Expertise of our Members is what makes the magic happen. I plan to stay out of the way of that magic and help the community grow in a healthy and productive manner.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Is that a lifetime appointment or is there a specific term of service?
We never actually discussed that! I serve at the pleasure of Amir and BDWoody. Not having Corporate Overlords to answer and appease was the draw.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We never actually discussed that! I serve at the pleasure of Amir and BDWoody. Not having Corporate Overlords to answer and appease was the draw.

I hope you got them to strictly define "serve" and "pleasure" or it could be a rough old time for you, sunshine.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
All that might wear off after a month or two...

1618251519972.png

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I hope you got them to strictly define "serve" and "pleasure" or it could be a rough old time for you, sunshine.

Wait till he sees the uniform...

AdamG

Forum Donor
I just choked on my drink! You guys are funny….Jumped on the “Grenade” classic. Wanting to give back and doing so are all too often separated by hesitation and good sense. I failed to hesitate and the good sense part has always been my weakness.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
.....What Amir has built here has no equal in the Audio Community. We are indeed very fortunate that Amir has selflessly dedicated himself and his resources to shine a light of Science upon this industry....

Congratulations! I can see why you did so well in the interview. Though, if it is a well compensated position, you might have mentioned his high moral character, burgeoning YouTube stardom, and acute hearing abilities as well. ;)

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Congrats Adam!

Best of luck with the new role.

Rick

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is this being done in anticipation of the potential for a big uproar? Possibly the Sundara review? Maybe an Audioquest sponsorship? Is Alan being unbanned? :eek:

Top Bottom