• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New 110th Anniversary Denon products with "ULTRA AL32"

OP
G

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Sorry for the crappy pictures, BTW. My Xiaomi Mi9T sucks at shooting under low light conditions.

Don't apologize for spending money on beautiful, quality HiFi instead of a silly phone. :)

One is a consumer durable, the other is non-durable/disposable. One you will still be using in a decade and the other will be languishing dead in a drawer or buried in landfill.

Now go get a proper camera and take some pictures for us!

Mr.XO

@VintageFlanker - Hey, Congrats on the awesome unit! Real drool worthy stuff... :)
How are you finding it?
Would be great if you can share some first impressions, etc.
Thanks!

Theriverlethe

Something that used machine learning and was fed a ton of music to understand the correct dynamic range of any instrument playing so that it could undo the destruction of generations of art carried out by studio engineers and labels would be good. Could also be used to reduce noise in an automated way (like MQA claims to do with some remasters when the original was made on a machine that had a known issue.)

I'd pay quite a bit for that.

Don’t be silly. That would actually provide a discernible difference. It would also probably require a real GPU or something like a Tegra.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is disappointing. Hoped it was a giant slayer.
@VintageFlanker - didn't expect that. But Thanks for being open about it.
I've been debating btw this, the marantz model 30, and the yamaha as-1200/2200.
So far the yammy is winning... any thoughts?
Not necessarily. I will of course explain more expensively a bit later... It is obviously not a bad amp by any means, I just prefer my actual RME ADI-2 DAC/1200AS2 stack, that's about it.;)

OP
G

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@VintageFlanker I'm going to assume that the non-defeatable Ultra AL32 will be an issue. We have confirmation that it's not marketing.

1606243359371.png

Mr.XO

Model 30 is either more powerful and a better measuring amp than both.

Thanks @VintageFlanker!
That's great to hear... as its the less expensive one of the 3. :)
So, has it been reviewed / measured here, or any good reviews with measurements, etc., out there to go by?
Have seen a couple YT video reviews but looking for more reliable sources.

ichonderoga

Forum Donor

maxp779

Why don't any of the Denon amps have a pre-out? There's no way to attach a subwoofer to these things.

Top Bottom