• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumi BS5 vs BS5P sound

DaveDee

Do you think the Neumi with a built-in amp sounds better or worse than the passive one? If I do decide to get the passive speakers, which amp should I get? Mind you I know little about electronics. Are they complicated to hook up to a PC? I have a desktop running Win7 with Equalizer APO.

Last edited:

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They have both been measured over at Erins Audio Corner. The BS5P has a much better frequency response, if you have the firmware updated.

But if you have EqualizerAPO, that doesn't matter, you can just EQ the BS5 and get the exact same result.

Both suffer from port resonances, so if your budget allows, get something a bit nicer like the JBL Stage A130 for $200.

OP
D

DaveDee

Weird that you can only buy this brand on Amazon. Not from their website or any other seller.

Top Bottom