• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann NDH 20 Headphones

bberns22

I have not seen a thread on these yet.

Got them about a week ago and was prepared to return them due to overwhelming bass and a piercing lower treble. However, after applying EQ so that the frequency response lines up with the Harmon Curve, these become immensely engaging as they process an intimacy that is quite addictive. I am enjoying them just as much as the Ananda's, 712 Pro's, & DT 770 Pro's..

Can only be recommend these to those willing to apply significant EQ..
IMG_2556 (1).jpg
Screenshot (180).png

Last edited:

TulseLuper

Forum Donor
I've fallen out of love with my Fostex TH-X00, and I've been considering swapping them for these. Reports suggest super low distortion, plenty of bass, and excellent build quality. I want a closed back headphone to use with just the tone controls on my preamp, no parametric EQ.

I wonder if anyone has sent these to @amirm for review.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have not seen a thread on these yet.

Got them about a week ago and was prepared to return them due to overwhelming bass and a piercing lower treble. However, after applying EQ so that the frequency response lines up with the Harmon Curve, these become immensely engaging as they process an intimacy that is quite addictive. I am enjoying them just as much as the Ananda's, 712 Pro's, & DT 770 Pro's..

Can only be recommend these to those willing to apply significant EQ..
View attachment 123832View attachment 123833

That headband adjustment is triggering me ;-)

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but OP do you have a EQ file that I can simply just load in and try using APO or Roon EQ?

MikeJ

It's been two months since I've partnered with these. In a nutshell - very fast drivers, extremely low distortion across the whole frequency spectrum. Without EQ, there's a touch of bass boost, although not boomy nor muddy. Bass sounds almost planar-like, and it's interesting because this is a dynamic driver. Once EQ'd, I find them even more revealing than my calibrated HD800, which was my go-to benchmark headphone. Only if Neumann could make these much more comfortable - the headband just sucks after wearing them for a couple of hours. Otherwise, sonically these are that good that I will be buying some more pairs for my buddies for mix checking purposes.

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's been two months since I've partnered with these. In a nutshell - very fast drivers, extremely low distortion across the whole frequency spectrum. Without EQ, there's a touch of bass boost, although not boomy nor muddy. Bass sounds almost planar-like, and it's interesting because this is a dynamic driver. Once EQ'd, I find them even more revealing than my calibrated HD800, which was my go-to benchmark headphone. Only if Neumann could make these much more comfortable - the headband just sucks after wearing them for a couple of hours. Otherwise, sonically these are that good that I will be buying some more pairs for my buddies for mix checking purposes.

I've been owning this pair for 2 years now and they are still one of the most acceptable closed-back headphones I've tried across different price ranges. I hope they release a V2 version with maybe some changes like pads, weight, thicker frame/gimbal slides. I mean they are fine now but sound quality alone I guess it's not completely worth it for some people.

Top Bottom