• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH420 vs Genelec 8361A

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do find it kind of scary that the DD are running a distribution of Linux and a full motherboard with a fan in each of the speaker cabinets if I'm not mistaken. It truly is a computer with a cloud back-end. Imagine if DD disappears as a young upcoming speaker manufacture. A real horror after an initial investment of 13.500 Euro's.
I understand but there would not be any companies pushing the enveloppe if some enthusiasts did not and do not take the risk.. There wouldn't be Genelec or ... A long list of companies that are, today at the vanguard of innovation and performance. Trinnov, Storm, Datasat, Lingdorf, etc are that too, a computer, basically... and likely any BD player, streamer ... so why not a speaker? I don't see a fan as an issue, there is one in many PA amplifiers and in most laptops.. and desktops... and ...

Peace.

Scoox

Neumann's KH 750 DSP (10") costs 1469 € and the Genelec 7360A (also 10") costs 1950 €. The 7360A gives a an extra 4 dB though, if that matters. So yeah it's more expensive. What would you consider to be the right price for this sub?

lherrm

What's the final verdict
Which is better? :)
I think it's quite obvious.
It's the 8361C, 4-way metallic cones, berylium tweeter and IA trained to reproduce violin right.
Due to arrive within this century, you just need to hold still.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I think it's quite obvious.
It's the 8361C, 4-way metallic cones, berylium tweeter and IA trained to reproduce violin right.
Due to arrive within this century, you just need to hold still.
It's cool but still doesn't answer my question ;)

Top Bottom