• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann Kh310 vs Barefoot fp01

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Both are 3-way, both cost about the same and both cost about half than Genelec's 3-way of the same size
Unfortunately i can't afford the Ones for now :(
And thought i would settle on something less good until I could buy them.
What are your thoughts? Which one is better?
Screenshot_20210329-053858.jpg
Screenshot_20210329-053843.jpg

Vintage57

Forum Donor
I vote Neumann, wave guides.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Use case?

I don't like those ring radiator tweeters on flat waveguides, personally. (That little flange is not a useful wavegude) Their top end dispersion is very narrow. That goes for all of them $18 base model apparently in this speaker up the $300+ ScanSpeak models. That speaker may excel in a nearfield setup, but I would not use them in a living room.

Nothing in the Neumann measurements here or at Sound und Recording suggest anything less than excellence. Neumann sells grilles as well, though they're expensive.

IMO if you're looking at that class of speaker you'd be remiss in ignoring JBL 708.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Use case?

I don't like those ring radiator tweeters on flat waveguides, personally. (That little flange is not a useful wavegude) Their top end dispersion is very narrow. That goes for all of them $18 base model apparently in this speaker up the $300+ ScanSpeak models. That speaker may excel in a nearfield setup, but I would not use them in a living room.

Nothing in the Neumann measurements here or at Sound und Recording suggest anything less than excellence. Neumann sells grilles as well, though they're expensive.

IMO if you're looking at that class of speaker you'd be remiss in ignoring JBL 708.
Isn't it a compromise as the JBL is a 2-way vs the others that are 3-way?

dfuller

Major Contributor
They're both great. Matter of preference at that point. I will say, the barefoots are not near as well behaved off-axis, but the dispersion is still wide enough that it's not a huge issue.

Top Bottom