• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH120A or Genelec 8030C?

YSC

Major Contributor
I have this moment in my space a pair of Genelec 8030c and a pair of Neumann KH120, also in my room i have some sound absorders, a big carpet and i have the balcony doors open so that the sound spreads...i can say that the speakers are very similar, i believe that only in a real studio there will be some differences! so in room conditions the speakers are the same! anyway it's true that both are kind of boring...my previous ones are dynaudio bm6amk3 and I can say that they sound more fun, more "club sound".
in logically it will be what is needed for mixing the genelecs and neumann, but not for fun music listening! that's all I had to say :)
It seems more like in a more treated rooms their good directivity plus on axis flatness would more sound the same, when in untreated rooms I would guess the beam width becomes more apparent in the in room colourations?

Top Bottom