• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH120 II

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
and gave examples of other brands doing it
Dynaudio and Focal, have you seen their measurements, especially compared to companies like Neumann and Genelec? I definitely know which I would chose.

It's funny I get all of the negativity for years (unjustifiably if I may) from many members here , and not even once did I say anything negative about anyone here , so my conscience is clear
Because you show an incredible resistance to learning, asking the same questions and claiming the same wrong statements since years while people had put a lot of effort answering them to you and flooding the whole section here with them, wish the moderators would give finally an end to it.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Dynaudio and Focal, have you seen their measurements, especially compared to companies like Neumann and Genelec? I definitely know which I would chose.

Because you show an incredible resistance to learning, asking the same questions and claiming the same wrong statements since years while people had put a lot of effort answering them to you and flooding the whole section here with them, wish the moderators would give finally an end to it.

Yeah I don't know I see other people here holding to what they believe in ans get 0 negativity
Also I did learn a lot and never dismissed anyone's opinion
But I do have my own opinion( like everyone else)
Also my point is valid about drivers being updated every 10 years or so
Like I said , I will delete my own account if anyone shows me one bad word I said about anyone here

Reactions: CMB

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
That is a straw man argument: No one claimed that.
I claim it ,because it's unfair
I read many nonsense here and thinking to myself "this guy is completely wrong" but I would never attack someone Becaue of it or would be pissed about him thinking what he's thinking
Anyone here has an opinion , no one here has the monopoly of the truth .

MrSoul4470

The other day in one of Pearljam5000's dreams.... Neumann-Boss: "Our tweeter is 10 years old. It urgently needs to be updated! So everybody think about what to do!". R&D guy: "Our tweeter is great. Absolutely nothing needs to be done there.". Boss: "Think harder! I said it needs to be updated!"

No offense, Pearljam5000. ;)

Trell

Major Contributor
I claim it ,because it's unfair
I read many nonsense here and thinking to myself "this guy is completely wrong" but I would never attack someone Becaue of it or would be pissed about him thinking what he's thinking
Anyone here has an opinion , no one here has the monopoly of the truth .
No one is saying that you’re talking bad about other members here. So what’s your point, except to create a straw man and deflect?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
The other day in one of Pearljam5000's dreams.... Neumann-Boss: "Our tweeter is 10 years old. It urgently needs to be updated! So everybody think about what to do!". R&D guy: "Our tweeter is great. Absolutely nothing needs to be done there.". Boss: "Think harder! I said it needs to be updated!"

No offense, Pearljam5000. ;)
No driver is perfect , so that scenario is totally possible :)

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
No one is saying that you’re talking bad about other members here. So what’s your point, except to create a straw man?

My point is, I'm entitled to my own opinion like anyone else here and shouldn't be criticized about it, and obviously not attacked again and again.

MrSoul4470

My point is, I'm entitled to my own opinion like anyone else here and shouldn't be criticized about it, and obviously not attacked again and again.
I think it's great that you speak your mind no matter what others say. This forum surely wouldn't be the same without you. :)

Trell

Major Contributor

But write that, then, and not the following of yours that I objected to in my reply above:

Like I said , I will delete my own account if anyone shows me one bad word I said about anyone here

Moonhead

Is it really not possible for moderators to give EddieVedder a pause for his constant trolling.

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Of course you can use them at any distance like any bookshelf speaker, but be aware you will definitely lose a lot of quality. It's not just that they won't go very loud. You lose a lot of quality due to the increasing room influence / decreasing direct sound. No, that doesn't sound the same and is just less loud. I listen to my Genelec Ones at way less than 1m. At 2m I can easily achive the same SPL (I have a meter), but it's just not the same. Way more diffuse, less detailed, somehow just not that focused anymore.
So yes, you can do that, but it's not giving you the best possible sound quality.

PS: For me it's clear: For maximum performance listen to your speakers at the closest recommended distance.
I agree entirely.

teashea

I’m considering upgrading my KH120 + Eve TS108 setup and am trying to work out what would offer the best upgrade whilst being the most value for money.

My options are

1/ Keep KH120’s and change Eve Sub for Neumann KH750dsp
2/ Replace KH120’s and Eve TS108 with KH150’s
3/ Replace KH120’s and Eve Sub with KH120II’s and KH750dsp
4/ Replace KH120’s with KH120II’s and keep Eve Sub

My room is small and slightly odd shaped. Also my acoustic treatment isn’t optimal. I am monitoring at around 1-1.5m and am mixing a wide range of styles of music. Part of me would like to not have a sub and have less clutter in my room but I also don’t want to compromise too much either. I do use the Eve TS108 quite a lot and find it does clean up the low mids in my room a bit. Also, the TS108 has an excellent remote control which really helps my workflow. Even things like being able to power the sub on and off without having to crawl around under my studio desk makes things easier. I can also mute the sub at any time and have full control over every feature the dsp offers. The control for the Neumann KH750 seems a little clumsy in comparison?

What would you recommend?
Clearly #3 Do it right

teashea

Thankyou. I wonder how much difference the KH120II’s would make compared to the original KH120’s when paired with the KH750dsp sub using the DSP and MA1 correction?
That is a big question. I have KH120A's with a KH750 as one of the choices in my studio. I am seriously consider getting a pair of KH120 II's to test this.

teashea

Why Neumann didn't make a new tweeter for KH150 and KH120II and probably KH310II?
It's more than 10 years old now and they pretty much changed everything else except it
It seems like they decised there would be no advantage. They got the tweeter right.

teashea

It needs to be less dark and more detailed .
The measurements show it is right on. It is what it should be. Fake brightness is not an advantage. These are monitors and need to be flat, and not with a fake emphasis for the high frequencies.

Top Bottom