• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH 80 DSP to KH 750 Inquiry

Carb0n12

Hey all! SO I have been testing my KH 80 + KH750 combo for the past few weeks now and was wondering if anyone can help me out. Right now, I have removed all profiles and reset each speaker in my system. I currently have both KH 80's unplugged from the network but only have the KH 750 plugged into a switch. Is there any benefit to having both KH 80's AND my KH750 plugged into my switch, or should I / can I (with the MA1 software calibration factored in) have both KH80's plugged in via analog and go from there. I didnt see a KH80 option for analog selections within the MA1 software pertaining to the speakers connected to it (analog). I only saw 120, 310 and 420.

Thank you

custom

You have to connect both KH80 and the KH750 to the switch for the MA1 calibration. The software will find then all three devices and you can choose then, which Kh80 is left and right. Then the speaker selection on the KH750 will disapear. You have to connect the analog connection from the Kh750 to both KH80s. Hope this helps.

OP
C

Carb0n12

You have to connect both KH80 and the KH750 to the switch for the MA1 calibration. The software will find then all three devices and you can choose then, which Kh80 is left and right. Then the speaker selection on the KH750 will disapear. You have to connect the analog connection from the Kh750 to both KH80s. Hope this helps.
Fantastic! I have been testing my setup on analog and doing analog-based configs vs plugging them in. I will connect my KH 80 DSP's to the switch and re-calibrate!

custom

The middle diagram shows the necessary cabling.

Attachments

• connectthehardware.png
    connectthehardware.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 263

Lipaz

May I have a question regarding KH 310 D + 750 DSP?

What do you think, is it better if I buy a pair of second-hand 310 digital for the 750 Sub and connect them via AES, even if the 750 gets analog signal via XLR?

I do not know if the 750 is converting analog signal to digital before dsp magic is applied and then it converts it back to analog again… also I do not know if any delay compensation available in KH 310 D is utilized by the MA calibration or is it skipped… so whether a digital connection between sub and speakers could ease calibration in MA and made any difference in sound quality, and/or I could save at least a DA conversion.

Thanks in advance!

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
May I have a question regarding KH 310 D + 750 DSP?

What do you think, is it better if I buy a pair of second-hand 310 digital for the 750 Sub and connect them via AES, even if the 750 gets analog signal via XLR?

I do not know if the 750 is converting analog signal to digital before dsp magic is applied and then it converts it back to analog again… also I do not know if any delay compensation available in KH 310 D is utilized by the MA calibration or is it skipped… so whether a digital connection between sub and speakers could ease calibration in MA and made any difference in sound quality, and/or I could save at least a DA conversion.

Thanks in advance!
This is easy to answer: KH310D does not work digitally with the KH750, you have to connect them analog to the KH750. So no reason at all to chose the D if you want the KH750.
I think it is described in the manual of the KH750, i suggest reading it: https://www.neumann.com/downloadcenter/download?assetId=12502

Only the KH150 can be connected digitally to the 750 at the moment (i guess the upcoming KH120II as well).

Edit: I was wrong, what i meant is in the MA1-instructions. I have them attached here, because i did not find them on Neumann´s broken download page....

Attachments

• Automatic_Monitor_Alignment_Instructions_2022-11-21_V-1-6.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Lipaz

This is easy to answer: KH310D does not work digitally with the KH750, you have to connect them analog to the KH750. So no reason at all to chose the D if you want the KH750.
I think it is described in the manual of the KH750, i suggest reading it: https://www.neumann.com/downloadcenter/download?assetId=12502

Only the KH150 can be connected digitally to the 750 at the moment (i guess the upcoming KH120II as well).
Thanks for the quick response! Actually I read the manual, hence I was asking, because page 11-12 diagrams says you can have all connection variants. However, good point, that I missed the KH 310 manual (I just read it again), where you can read from the diagrams that there is indeed a delay compensation benefit on its own, but not used in MA, since these speakers are not network enabled. (It may be useful in surround setup or to lip-sync tv if it’s far away… so digital connection is useful too.) Additionally, even if 310 is digitally connected to the sub, DAC happens in KH 310 D anyway before the usual back panel options, that you can find also on analog speaker version. Silly question from me.
In a nutshell, if there is any alignment happens in these speakers, KH 750 makes it, regardless the connection. The only benefit of full digital is when you connect the source to sub via digital, saving one single conversion. Which means I should just go for the cheaper/better conditioned second-hand 310 pair.

Top Bottom