• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Is that true?
Screenshot_20210911-143317__01.jpg

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Who knows? Being sealed makes the LF group delay and decay lower, thus theoretically better LF transients. But some say that phase correction can improve things like transient in (ultra) nearfield listening too, which the KH310A can only have with the KH750DSP and MA-1 (and I'm skeptical of phase correction without point source speakers).
I also remember this informal review of the KH310A and 8341A having a different conclusion.

tl;dr it's probably nothing more than marketing, even if true

dfuller

Major Contributor
Who knows? Being sealed makes the LF group delay and decay lower, thus theoretically better LF transients. But some say that phase correction can improve things like transient in (ultra) nearfield listening too, which the KH310A can only have with the KH750DSP and MA-1 (and I'm skeptical of phase correction without point source speakers).
I also remember this informal review of the KH310A and 8341A having a different conclusion.

tl;dr it's probably nothing more than marketing, even if true
I will say, they actually feel a little less turn-on-a-dime than the FP01s they replaced, but it's more than made up for by being significantly more accurate and cleaner in the mids.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Is there any chance the price will decrease and will be the same as the older lower price?

respice finem

Major Contributor
No, but there was a price hike this year. And since Germany (and the EU) has rising inflation, I would expect more to come.

Habu

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
About 150€ each if I'm not mistaken
Also i would expect a 10 years old design to go down in price not up:facepalm:

That 150€ price increase barely keeps up with inflation over the last 10 years.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Not sure I would expect any speakers go down in price, especially currently, regardless of the age of design -)
What's so special about this period?
And older designs always go down in price, it doesn't matter if it's speakers, TV or anything else

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
And older designs always go down in price, it doesn't matter if it's speakers, TV or anything else

The design may be 10 years old but look at the performance. It is still competitive in the current marketplace. It's a speaker, not an iPhone.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Older design? What do you think about atc, pmc, Quested...
Some brands like Neumann or psi audio are not for fashion victims

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Older design? What do you think about atc, pmc, Quested...
Some brands like Neumann or psi audio are not for fashion victims
It just doesn't make sense to increase the price on an old product, what has changed that justifies this?
If anything else it costs them less to make it now than when it was new on the market, so I don't understand the logic

Frgirard

Major Contributor
It just doesn't make sense to increase the price on an old product, what has changed that justifies this?
If anything else it costs them less to make it now than when it was new on the market, so I don't understand the logic
It's called the pricing power. All costs have explode.
The market will decide if it's the good price or not.

Top Bottom