• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Rate this studio monitor

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 44 8.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 467 90.9%

• Total voters

JustCoolin‘

IMG_3576.jpeg
I was at Thomann‘s todays and did not come back entirely empty-handed. They look small in the photo, but feel enormous to me right now, coming from the KH120…

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
The white square is just a reflection from the camera flash light?

The logo can be dimmed using the MA-1 app. I have mine set at 50%.

IMG_8904.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 10.02.45 AM.png

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Yeah, for a moment I thought that was one very big LED on the monitor. :D

Edit: It really is a big LED according to @enricoclaudio :eek: At least the output of that one can be turned down.

It shows monitors status, like firmware update, clipping, booting and others. It changes colors depending the status.

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 10.08.59 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 10.08.59 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 10.08.59 AM.png
    1,014.5 KB · Views: 29

JustCoolin‘

I’ve also bought the MA-1 kit, that’s for another day though. They already sound great to me, I wonder how much it will change things.

But disappointed with the listening situation at Thomann, they have three dozen sets of monitors in entirely different positions, with no level matching. Was impossible to compare the Neumanns to the Genelec Ones they also had. I was decided on the Neumanns, anyway, but still…

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
But has it to be so big? :D

On my Genelec 8330A I can’t dim the green LED on it, except for turning them off. I wish I could.
At 10% is barely noticeable:

IMG_8906.jpeg

Trell

Major Contributor
I’ve also bought the MA-1 kit, that’s for another day though. They already sound great to me, I wonder how much it will change things.

With the MA-1 kit you'll see what the FR response is with the current placement of the monitors from your listening position. That should give you some actionable information to improve placement. Likely you'll find big dips/valleys in the bass region where a subwoofer along with a suitable crossover could help with that.

VTKZ

The first few Weeks with the KH150 (& my 750). So far i'm pretty happy with them. The Imaging and overall Details, Resolution is just one small step over my Unity Audio Super Rock Speakers i own before (and still have). Only downside is i cant get the MA 1 working with them. So, the Sub is measured in, but the Software have some Problems to identify the KH150. I will postpone the Correction when my new Couch arrive next Month and everything has its final place. In the next weeks i hang on my big Acoustic Elements you see on the sides in the photo that ive a nice big Cloud above me - you can imagine what 4m untreated Ceiling Height sounds like ;-) also wood for building new Acoustic Elements arrive next week. Step by step ;-)

IMG20230524152601.jpg

Last edited:

spamilton

Can settings like logo brightness be saved to the speakers so that ethernet doesn't have to be connected constantly? And you can use the software without buying the MA1 mic, right? I can't seem to find an answer to this.

VTKZ

Can settings like logo brightness be saved to the speakers so that ethernet doesn't have to be connected constantly? And you can use the software without buying the MA1 mic, right? I can't seem to find an answer to this.
you can set up the Logo Brightness in the MA 1 Software so far i know and it worked with the MA1 setting. The Correction also works without Ethernet connection, and i think the Logo setting is also saved in that Correction setting. And no, you cant use it without Neumann Mic because you need 2x Numbers you only find on the original Neumann microphone. It also doenst makes sense because you cant load up any Microphone Correction Files. So, a Umik or similiar would be useless because the software doesnt know anything about the calibration of the mic

spamilton

you can set up the Logo Brightness in the MA 1 Software so far i know and it worked with the MA1 setting. The Correction also works without Ethernet connection, and i think the Logo setting is also saved in that Correction setting. And no, you cant use it without Neumann Mic because you need 2x Numbers you only find on the original Neumann microphone. It also doenst makes sense because you cant load up any Microphone Correction Files. So, a Umik or similiar would be useless because the software doesnt know anything about the calibration of the mic
Thank you. I'm actually just interested in adjusting settings like logo brightness without buying the mic. I'm not interested in correction. Can the software be used without the mic?

I'm used to GLM which requires the GLM box since the speakers connect to the box, then the box to the PC, whereas the Neumanns connect directly to your home network.

Top Bottom