• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Rate this studio monitor

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 44 8.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 469 90.9%

• Total voters

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think you can have a great result with any good subwoofer is you use the correct tool to match them up. There is not such a thing as good match for same brand drivers... the hk750 is a good deal if you haven't an external dsp already. For those who have one, there is others sub to think about. Adam sub 10, focal sub one etc.
The proper integration of a subwoofer with a speaker or monitor system is more complicated that sticking the two together. The method and details of the transition are critical.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Yes, forgot about that. You can easily do it with an Excel spreadsheet, though.
Is there anything else to consider regarding formatting or so of the downloaded and inverted file before REW can read it?
(I have to try at the weekend with mine).

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Is there anything else to consider regarding formatting or so of the downloaded and inverted file before REW can read it?
(I have to try at the weekend with mine).
I remember Neumann’s person explaining how to do it in the MA1 App thread here on ASR. I guess you can check in that thread.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I remember Neumann’s person explaining how to do it in the MA1 App thread here on ASR. I guess you can check in that thread.
There:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
There:
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it that you dug it up for me.

(Just noticed, I even liked the post at the time - must be onsetting dementia that I did not remember - sorry).

Rahan

The proper integration of a subwoofer with a speaker or monitor system is more complicated that sticking the two together. The method and details of the transition are critical.
it takes a bit of knowledge, tools, and patience. It's not complicated. But it is not plug and play, for sure.

HIFIBOY

Hello, everyone! KH150 and KH310 are close in price, which is more suitable for family music (more classical music)? Or wait for the new KH310?

Reactions: HQY

teashea

I have both KH310's and KH150's. They are both quite excellent. I use them as studio monitors - which is their primary intented purpose. I use them as nearfield monitors.

How are you going to use them? In what kind of room - what distance - how many people listening - etc etc. We need more information to help you.

HIFIBOY

I have both KH310's and KH150's. They are both quite excellent. I use them as studio monitors - which is their primary intented purpose. I use them as nearfield monitors.

How are you going to use them? In what kind of room - what distance - how many people listening - etc etc. We need more information to help you.
Thanks for your reply and help, I plan to use it in the living room and studio. Living room listening position is 2.5 meters away from the speaker. Studio listening position is 1.2 meters away from the speakers, but most of them are used in the living room and enjoy symphony music.

Moonhead

KH150 + KH750 is same Price rate as KH310, at least here in EU.
I know What Neumann I would choose.

HIFIBOY

KH150 + KH750 is same Price rate as KH310, at least here in EU.
I know What Neumann I would choose.
I want to know what the difference is between KH150 and KH310 in intermediate frequency. Who is better suited to music? I like sounds that are natural and resistant to hearing, and I don't like sounds that tire my ears.

teashea

Thanks for your reply and help, I plan to use it in the living room and studio. Living room listening position is 2.5 meters away from the speaker. Studio listening position is 1.2 meters away from the speakers, but most of them are used in the living room and enjoy symphony music.

2.5 meters is the maximum recommend ideal distance according to Neumann, so either the 310's or 150's would work. Since the 150's are less expensive you might consider just going with them. They will play almost as loud as the 310's.

I have both and the sound quality is really the same.

HQY

Neumann says that if you use the 750 with a pair of 150's you need to use two 750's.
I'm courious the connection of source, KH750 and KH150. From what I read of the official docuemnt, each 750 could connect to source in analogue XLR cable and it should connect to KH150 in SPDIF bnc to rca. It says since the digital signal is at its maximum output and not adjustable, so it suggests to "set the OUTPUT LEVEL switch on the loudspeaker to 94 dB SPL and the INPUT GAIN knob to -15 dB" on the KH150. My question is, if I set to network (not local), will the aforementioned setting will be effective so that I can use MA1 for calibration? Appreciate comments. :)

teashea

This was discussed here on ASR. This issue is that the loudness of the KH150 requires two KH750's in order to keep up.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
2.5 meters is the maximum recommend ideal distance according to Neumann, so either the 310's or 150's would work. Since the 150's are less expensive you might consider just going with them. They will play almost as loud as the 310's.

How is it possible with a smaller cabinet and 3-way vs 2- way?

HIFIBOY

I want to know what the difference is between KH150 and KH310 in intermediate frequency. Who is better suited to music? I like sounds that are natural and resistant to hearing, and I don't like sounds that tire my ears.

unpluggged

Why does the KH150 need to be paired with 2x750s when the KH310 only needs one?
Who says that? One KH 750 DSP limits system SPL for both KH 150 and KH 310. It does not limit system SPL when used with a pair of KH 120 and enhances it with a pair of KH 80.

Pritaudio

would it be a good idea to get kh750 sub even if I use other speakers (passive or active) since it has dsp features on its own.
I don't know of any other sub with dsp of this standard.

Top Bottom