• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Rate this studio monitor

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 44 8.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 470 90.9%

• Total voters

IamJF

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Have many on this thread gone from stand-alone KH150s and then added the KH750 sub? Can you please share your thoughts?

If I'm honest, I'm perfectly happy with the bass output of the 150s but was curious to know how much the sub adds. If it's very little, I'll more than likely pass. I'm kind of hoping it is as I don't like the thought of doing room calibration again.
A subwoofer makes a noticeable improvement of a system when you search for the best position. Just throwing the woofer in a corner and hope for the best ... then you probably just stick with the 150s. But it's VERY likely that there is a better postition in the room for even bass as the position your main speakers are. But it takes a few measurements and maybe 2 hours of work. The setup itself is done by MA1 nicely.

VTKZ

When you have a correct treated room, subwoofer are not realy needed.
But Subwoofer are the way to go, specially in untreated / not perfect rooms, like living rooms,
to get an smooth freq response acrosse the freq spectrum.
Just google Single / Double Bass Array / Pseudo DBA
and how they works, I would never want to hear without Subs.
Yes, its alot of work with the DSP and measuring but the results are
(for me) way better than just listening with my pairs of KH150ˋs.
I sold my KH750 recently to an guy who has KH420s in a fully treated room,
but he wants just the last few % to get an better lowend.

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm weird and I would prefer no subwoofer than just one with capable speakers like KH150, at least two are fine and can sound better than none and yes, I prefer subs in stereo

muchacho

I admit that one KH750 to a pair of KH150 helped me a lot, because the music I listen to is mostly rich in deep acoustic bass. My sound goes from the RME ADI-2 DAC FS to the SW and then to the KH150, all perfectly aligned with the MA-1 and thanks to it the presence of the SW is not noticeable, it just became part of the perfect sound system. But it is a fact that my listening room is really modest (approx. 12m2), treated with Basotect panels, so one KH750 is sufficient and it extended the low end beautifully. Before I bought the KH750, on the RME display in the spectrum analyzer mode, I "saw the first two columns, but did not hear" (25-40Hz). Now I can hear and feel the lower bass and I am perfectly satisfied with the sound.

20240301_162834.jpg
20240301_121808.jpg
20240301_163109.jpg
20240301_163040.jpg
20240301_111140.jpg

Top Bottom