• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neil Young music archives online

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
http://www.neilyoungarchives.com

Saw this over on CA. All of Neil Young's music available to stream online. Looks like much of it is 24/192 though not everything. If your net speed is insufficient it steps down progressively until it works. Or you can select 320 kbps streaming.

Very quirky odd interface. I'll let you discover how it works for yourself. I signed in with google apparently you have to use google or facebook.

It will in time become a subscription service. Looks like it will be a free trial until June 30th. In any case, if you care for Neil Young give it a try.

Last edited:

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
http://www.neilyoungarchives.com

Saw this over on CA. All of Neil Young's music available to stream online. Looks like much of it is 24/192 though not everything. If your net speed is insufficient it steps down progressively until it works. Or you can select 320 kbps streaming.

Very quirky odd interface. I'll let you discover how it works for yourself. I signed in with google apparently you have to use google or facebook.

It will in time become a subscription service. Looks like it will be a free trial until June 30th. In any case, if you care for Neil Young give it a try.

Oh, man, I hope this doesn't herald the beginning of artistic-specific subscription services...

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Very cool. The difference in the one track I picked is larger than any I have heard with 320 kbps. The extreme channel separation is an instant give away: http://www.neilyoungarchives.com/#/info-card?track=t2016_1104_01&_k=vimzow

Back in early 1990s every bad came to us (Microsoft) wanting us to make them a custom player just for them. We told them all to pound sand as that not only being a bad idea but that the maintenance cost over time would kill them. A few went forward anyway only to give up a year later. In every cases their ideas for how the player should work was horrible as we see in this instant.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Me, too. Blatantly obvious difference.

It shouldn't be that easy -- they're doing something else to the mix/master beyond just simple compression/transcoding.

Yes, I think your right. A good project for that new RME. Stream the digital signal to it and record. See what the differences are. I would have, but is has been a busy week.

Top Bottom