• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need very small subwoofer

Willem

Major Contributor
This what I posted in another thread: my Kef Kube8b in the corner of a large room:
1629275075857.jpeg

Willem

Major Contributor
The corner position was advised by the ANtimode engineer: locate for maximum reinforcement and flatten with eq. It sounds very good too. Equalization with the ANtimode 8033 was for a wider area, so not as good for the primary listening position. The Kube8b is a temporary replacement for my B&W PV1d that died (hopely it can still rise from the dead). The plan is to combine the PV1d and the Kube 8b for a smoother response over a wider area. The PV1d went quite a bit lower, by the way. The difference was just about audible on some music.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Single position

He has 10 dB error rate, it either means that his walls are US fake cardboard style or he is really really lucky.

Since it's in a corner he's exciting all the room modes and yet none of them caused an infinitely deep cancellation where he sits.

OP
C

Charliecj

I ended up discovering possibly the Worlds best tiny speaker. Neat Acoustics iotas. Very smooth on the highs and produce enough bass to satisfy. Have put a subwoofer purchase on hold. My stereo is tiny but sounds very nice. Wife loves it too. Following the comments on my post have been a delight

Attachments

• 84A94F1C-1DFB-46FE-A89B-D0A4E930076B.jpeg
    84A94F1C-1DFB-46FE-A89B-D0A4E930076B.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 161

Willem

Major Contributor
Single position
Yes indeed, but the Antimode equalization was for a wide area (multiple measurement points) somewhat compromising the primary listening position. The REW measurement that I posted here was only for the primary listening position. As I said, my plan was to have dual subs for a smoother response over a wider area, but then my intended main sub failed.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes indeed, but the Antimode equalization was for a wide area (multiple measurement points) somewhat compromising the primary listening position. The REW measurement that I posted here was only for the primary listening position. As I said, my plan was to have dual subs for a smoother response over a wider area, but then my intended main sub failed.

wait that response is EQed?

I retract my statement about the response being good :p

Willem

Major Contributor
He has 10 dB error rate, it either means that his walls are US fake cardboard style or he is really really lucky.
Concrete floor and ceiling, and brick walls. A lot of double glazing as well. Also this 40 sqm open plan sitting room (with a tall ceiling) has two openings with large sliding doors/panels into other rooms (the dining room and my wife's study) so the entire ensembe is some 75 sq m. For the measurment I had the sliding doors half open. Modern furnishings and hard floor with a carpet

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

audio2design

Major Contributor

Since it's in a corner he's exciting all the room modes and yet none of them caused an infinitely deep cancellation where he sits.

US fake cardboard style?

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have an SVS 3000 micro in a small room and it is working very well. Surprising for such a tiny box and it comes in gloss white. Happy wife happy life....

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I looked at this but response of 25-150Hz-18dB (yes really eighteen db) scared me away.

I see a slope of 18dB mentioned, but the frequency response was cited at -10dB, guess the marketing guys didn't like the -3dB spec :)

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I also have a SVS 3000 micro. Very happy with it.

EdTice

I see a slope of 18dB mentioned, but the frequency response was cited at -10dB, guess the marketing guys didn't like the -3dB spec :)
That was a typo my my part. Yeah, 25-150Hz -10db. Although it could just as well have been my eyes LOL. The other day I asked my wife how Beyonce could only have 18 views on Youtube. She has 1B (billion) LOL I'd love to know the -3db on these speakers because the price is great and you can fit them under a couch. I wonder if you could actually feel the seat vibrate that way! Doubly fun if you surprise a guest! And who cares about frequency response if they are *secondary* sub!

Top Bottom