• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need very small subwoofer

EdTice

I see a slope of 18dB mentioned, but the frequency response was cited at -10dB, guess the marketing guys didn't like the -3dB spec :)
I just bought a Velodyne 1250X used for a hundred bucks. Can't fit that under a couch. But I could probably put a cushion on it and use it as a seat!

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way is that the SVS micro? I am considering that sub for my garage. Looks like it (the SVS micro) really needs to be placed center-stage (which is not a problem for me)
Yes svs micro.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought a Velodyne 1250X used for a hundred bucks. Can't fit that under a couch. But I could probably put a cushion on it and use it as a seat!
Voila and you have a tactile transducer under your seat at the same time! :) Enjoy....

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That was a typo my my part. Yeah, 25-150Hz -10db. Although it could just as well have been my eyes LOL. The other day I asked my wife how Beyonce could only have 18 views on Youtube. She has 1B (billion) LOL I'd love to know the -3db on these speakers because the price is great and you can fit them under a couch. I wonder if you could actually feel the seat vibrate that way! Doubly fun if you surprise a guest! And who cares about frequency response if they are *secondary* sub!
There's a similar form factor Dayton sub (SUB1000L) with even less info on the spec (says 32-140 without any other info). This form factor/price just won't yield true subwoofer type performance in general. Think Stereo Integrity makes some shallow drivers that on a diy build might do better....but never looked at that sort of space saving thing as I have lots of space for subs.

Top Bottom