• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need some help to understand these papers (FDA, multiamping)

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting! That impulse response looks very good indeed. Still, I would like to see more measurements. Particularly on- and off-axis response and distorsion. Also, if you think of this as a complete system for 5500, you are already in the territory where you can find very good commercial systems, particularly if you choose the active route. The benefit of buying from large & evil capitalist corporations like JBL, Adam, Genelec, Focal, Dynaudio, Yamaha, etc, is that you benefit from economies of scale. So you get good quality for less.

OP
G

Gabs

I read all the comments in french from the page linked, and there are some arguments agains the system, especially regarding the price. Of course at this price point I'm thinking of Genelec...but actually I find all these informations usefull to understand (at least for the newbie I am) the importance of DSP, active filtering and multiamping, and that there is a community taht believe in FDA :)

Top Bottom