• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need recommendation for a DAC/Headphone amp

clauded

Since my CD player died a few months ago, I decided to rip all my CD's to Flac and get a (good) streamer (WiiM pro) to play those files and also Amazon HD music. The WiiM is hooked to a Sony STR-DN1080 for the moment but I'm not really satisfied with the sound and I wish to use my old Naim pre-amp/amp instead (NAC 62/NAP 140).

I'm looking for a DAC to link the WiiM to the Naim with the following requirements:
  • digital input (from the WiiM)
  • rca audio output (to the Naim pre-amp)
  • headphone output (used with Sennheiser HD650)
  • remote control (I'm lazy)
Optional nice-to-have requirements:
  • rca audio in (so I could use the tape out from my pre-amp)
  • no need to unplug the headphones when using rca audio output (I'm lazy)
The device should be available in Canada. Thanks.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The only AIOs with both digital in and analog in that I know about are from Fiio (K5/K7/K9)

Misguided

SMSL HO100 has RCA in and balanced in, the SMSL D0100 DAC has balanced out and RCA out as well as USB, Co-Axial, Optical and Bluetooth in. The DAC has a remote.

I bought the amp recently and it’s good. You can run an analog source into the headphone amp using the RCA in and keep the balanced in free for the DAC. And you can run an analog out to another amp from the DAC RCA out.

Only the DAC has a remote and the DAC is quite pricey at around £200.

b7676

L70 paired with whatever balanced DAC.
E70 seems to have the most value around the 300$ sale price, d10 balanced is about 100$, e50 goes for not much more used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom