• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

need help with toppoing d50s

izeek

I just got my spanking new Topping D50s. Looks cool.
I got it all hooked up and....NOTHING.
It turns on, the controls work, but absolutely no sound. Yes, I turned the volume up.
I was really looking forward to using its bt connect. Nothing. My player plays but nothing comes out.
I tried using USB to no avail. Same problem.
Normally, I use my lg v50 with 3.5mm/rca adapter as source because its quad dac is pretty good.
My phone is on the cd input and my bt(now the d50s)had been on the aux input of my pre. Strangely, if I turn on the D50s while using the aux in, the aux in cuts out even though the D50s itself is connected to the cd in.
I've checked and rechecked connections.
Any ideas.

OP
izeek

izeek

Oh, AND the remote does not work even with different sets of brand new batteries.

tom_tom

On remote You have that ABC buttons, try One and then for example changing source.
Is Your volume set to 00 dB ?

OP
izeek

izeek

For some reason the remote decided to work. Maybe the batteries weren't tight.
Yes the volume is set at 00sb. Does it make a difference?

culliford

For some reason the remote decided to work. Maybe the batteries weren't tight.
Yes the volume is set at 00sb. Does it make a difference?
No, I think 00dB should mean it's max volume out so that's good. Now that the remote works, did you test pressing the mute-button, maybe it's muted?

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Go to Topping’s website and download the latest driver. Make sure the D50s is selected as the input device under Windows audio.
https://www.tpdz.net/download

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For Mac no drivers should be needed. You do need to select it as your default output device in settings.

OP
izeek

izeek

For Mac no drivers should be needed. You do need to select it as your default output device in settings.
If you mean my imac setting, I tried setting d50s as output. the imac tells me it has no output controls. Whatever that means.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, that should be fine. Still no sound? Does it display the correct sample rate? It should correspond to the one setup in OSX in the Audio MIDI Setup.

OP
izeek

izeek

Yes, that should be fine. Still no sound? Does it display the correct sample rate? It should correspond to the one setup in OSX in the Audio MIDI Setup.
Yes, correct sample rate. I'll have to check thd midi setup

Top Bottom